Author Topic: different Sauce Ingredients used in my jobs  (Read 1548 times)

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
different Sauce Ingredients used in my jobs
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:53:11 PM »
Ive worked in about 3 or 4 different places and they all made sauces differently, just thought i would share some of them with you guys

1. cans of Full Red Fully prepared pizza sauce and a little bit of water. This was the simplest sauce i have ever seen(so far) from my jobs. for such a busy pizzeria, i can understand why they used this route. its not exactly the greatest sauce by any means, but its also not the worst. theyre pizza is good,and they have won many awards for it, but i can only imagine what it would be like if they created theyre own sauce.

2. Full Red pizza sauce(not prepared), 7/11, little bit of water,basil(sometimes we used pesto), salt, and olive oil. I loved this sauce and is probably my favorite out of all them, it was so simple but tasted really good.

3. Domenico Vitale Heavy pizza sauce, Pelican Pelati,water,basil,salt,sugar,pepper,oregano. This is my current jobs sauce ingredients, i know alot of people like and make sauces like this, but im not one of those people. despite the fact that i dont like that much spices in my sauce i also don't like the fact that the pelati has reduced the amount of puree in it, and added more water to it. this sauce turns out to be watery as a result.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: different Sauce Ingredients used in my jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:52:07 AM »
Ive worked in about 3 or 4 different places and they all made sauces differently, just thought i would share some of them with you guys

1. cans of Full Red Fully prepared pizza sauce and a little bit of water. This was the simplest sauce i have ever seen(so far) from my jobs. for such a busy pizzeria, i can understand why they used this route. its not exactly the greatest sauce by any means, but its also not the worst. their pizza is good,and they have won many awards for it, but i can only imagine what it would be like if they created their own sauce.

2. Full Red pizza sauce(not prepared), 7/11, little bit of water,basil(sometimes we used pesto), salt, and olive oil. I loved this sauce and is probably my favorite out of all them, it was so simple but tasted really good.

scottoant93,

Would you mind looking at the list of Stanislaus tomato products at http://www.stanislaus.com/products/nutrition-facts and identifying the two products you mentioned in 1. and 2. in your post?

Peter

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »
1. Is full red fully prepared pizza sauce
2. Is 7/11 ground tomatoes, and full red pizza with fresh basil

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »
1. Is full red fully prepared pizza sauce
2. Is 7/11 ground tomatoes, and full red pizza with fresh basil

Thank you.

For 2., do you add fresh basil to http://www.stanislaus.com/_pdfs/Full-Red-Pizza-Sauce.pdf or do you use the Full Red Pizza Sauce that already comes with fresh basil, as at http://www.stanislaus.com/_pdfs/Full-Red-Pizza-Sauce-w-Fresh-Basil.pdf

Peter

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »
scottoant93,

Thank you for sharing the recipes. I know many pizzerias that mix 7/11, Full Red, Pizziaolo, Al Dente
Pasta Sauce, etc... in different combinations.

Personally, I love Pizzaiolo straight out of the can, nothing added. You would be surprised at how many pizzerias make pizza this way as well. It is a fantastic authentic Italian recipe in a can and is ready to go. So easy!!!

TomN

http://www2.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?Browse=1&whse=BD_767&topnav=bdoff&search=stanislaus&N=0&Ntt=stanislaus&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:25:22 PM by TomN »

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »
Peter just the pizza sauce and then add finely cut up basil, sometimes we used pesto if we ran out

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »
No problem tomn I've never worked with that type of sauce but I will look into it, thank you for the tip, always like learning new things

Offline Kostakis1985

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
Scott, On the #2 pizza sauce with 7/11 and full red pizza sauce was it 1 can of full red to 1 can of 7/11? or something else I really want to try that sometime the addition of pesto seems very interesting
Jamie

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01:13 PM »
Kostakis, yes its one can full red pizza sauce, one 7/11, add some water to reduce thickness(stir), then add some pesto(about two or three spoons),1 cup(restaurant dressing cups) of salt, and drizzle olive oil some olive oil in a circle. Stir again and there you have it. Hope you enjoy it

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:30 PM »
scottoant93,

Just wanted to make sure you knew that Pizzaiolo is made by Stanislaus. The same company that makes Full Red, 7/11,  Al Dente, etc... So, you know that a can of Pizzaiolo will be good!!!

TomN
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:00:55 AM by TomN »

Offline Kostakis1985

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 12:21:21 AM »
Scott, thanks im going to try this soon cant wait sounds very "high end" with the minimal ingrdients did you like the sauce better when you had fresh basil available or with the pesto instead
 Or no noticible difference?
Jamie

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »
scottoant93,

Just wanted to make sure you knew that Pizzaiolo is made by Stanislaus. The same company that makes Full Red, 7/11,  Al Dente, etc... So, you know that a can of Pizzaiolo will be good!!!

TomN
Boy oh boy....wish I could say that about the Cento products I've tried before finally discovering their "good".
Blanket statements are easy to make and (sometimes) hard to swallow my friend.  :pizza:

edit: and the same goes for Escalon...aka Heinz.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:38:58 AM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 01:06:10 AM »
Scott, thanks im going to try this soon cant wait sounds very "high end" with the minimal ingrdients did you like the sauce better when you had fresh basil available or with the pesto instead
 Or no noticible difference?

we made our own pesto using the fresh basil so it was pretty consistent but the pesto gave it a nice extra flavor, i would recommend adding a spoon at a time of the pesto and taste testing it. I really enjoyed the sauce and so did our pizza man and our customers, but everyone has different preferences about their sauce, i would love to hear your opinion on what you think of it when you try it, and if any you would modify it in any way, i like hearing different opinions and ideas.

scottoant93,

TomN

Thank you,thats good to know, i havent seen it used at any of my jobs, but i would definately be willing to try it in the future, i try to keep an open mind on all products because you never know if theres something better if you dont try.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 01:58:36 AM »
Where I am currently working we use canned Italian whole plums, I believe the brand in Solaris, and they have a couple of basil leaves in the can.  We run them through a food mill and add 1 tbsp. of sea salt/#10 can.  The sauce is decent, but I truly prefer the Sclafani crushed tomatoes that I use at home that DMCavanagh got me hooked on.  It's brighter and sweeter--no sugar, but also no calcium chloride.  I'll look at work tomorrow to make sure I've got the name right and see if they have any calcium chloride.
In the past we made our own pesto at work, but of late they've been using a purchased product.  The basil we've been getting of late kind of sucks.  I'm always picking through it and trying to avoid the wilted stuff for the margheritas.  Soon, the growing season will be in full tilt in CNY and we will once again have some awesome produce!

Offline scottoant93

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »
Where I am currently working we use canned Italian whole plums, I believe the brand in Solaris, and they have a couple of basil leaves in the can.  We run them through a food mill and add 1 tbsp. of sea salt/#10 can.  The sauce is decent, but I truly prefer the Sclafani crushed tomatoes that I use at home that DMCavanagh got me hooked on.  It's brighter and sweeter--no sugar, but also no calcium chloride.  I'll look at work tomorrow to make sure I've got the name right and see if they have any calcium chloride.
In the past we made our own pesto at work, but of late they've been using a purchased product.  The basil we've been getting of late kind of sucks.  I'm always picking through it and trying to avoid the wilted stuff for the margheritas.  Soon, the growing season will be in full tilt in CNY and we will once again have some awesome produce!

yeah basil turns real quick, we usually froze it when we saw its was about to turn, or made it into pesto right away. Fresh basil is awesome though pizza smells so good when it comes out of the oven. And taste good too