Author Topic: 50/50 Supremo Italiano 00 and Kyrol Hi Gluten  (Read 583 times)

Offline Jackitup

50/50 Supremo Italiano 00 and Kyrol Hi Gluten
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »
I did a 50 50 of 00 flour and hi gluten tonite with the umami sauce I posted in the sauce section. I know others have done some of this but it's the first time I did and really liked it. The formula was a version of Steve's Quick and easy NY style dough. I changed the hydration to 65% and substituted some 00 flour for the hi gluten otherwise about the same for salt and sugar. Actually as I think back it was more 65/35 hi gluten to 00. I mixed on speed 2 for 10 minutes and balled and rested for 15 minutes twice and re-kneaded. Then room temp for 3 hours, gently re-balled and room temp for 2 more hours and into the fridge for 4 and back at room temp for an hour or so. Dough was still cool when I hand streched, not cold, and topped with onions, gr peppers, gr olives, fresh basil and pepperoni. Cheese was mozz and prov mix. One awesome pie. Will be looking do do this one some more, texture was outstanding!! Oh, and bake time was just over 5 minutes at 550 convection roast. this was more dough than I needed but went ahead and used it all anyway. For this thick of a pie the 5 minute bake time was huge. Trimmed down it would have been 4 or less!

jon
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:31:01 PM by Jackitup »
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: 50/50 Supremo Italiano 00 and Kyrol Hi Gluten
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:45:23 PM »
That's an outstanding looking same day dough pizza Jon, great technique with your dough. :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jackitup

Re: 50/50 Supremo Italiano 00 and Kyrol Hi Gluten
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:58:21 PM »
I would compare it to Glutenboy's which is one of my favorites but didn't have to wait for 5-6 days. It was the best same day skin I've made I think ever!!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!