Author Topic: NY Pizza Suprema  (Read 1117 times)

Offline PizzaSean

NY Pizza Suprema
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »
Hey all -

I have been meaning to post these up for some time. Snapped a few pics on a recent-ish trips and thought that they might be of interest some fellow NY style lovers.

Here ya go! Sorry the dough came out so overexposed and blown out looking...was trying to be on the sly and didn't really check my results until too late.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:35:31 AM by PizzaSean »

Offline PizzaSean

Re: NY Pizza Suprema
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »
the rest.

Offline Marvin

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
looks good enough to  eat

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:54:24 PM »
Boy I like that...I'm a sauce guy so that there is right up my alley.

Since you are doing some peeping around there Sean; see if you can duplicate their sauce and post something up here for us buddy...show how it's done!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jkb

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
Boy I like that...I'm a sauce guy so that there is right up my alley.

Since you are doing some peeping around there Sean; see if you can duplicate their sauce and post something up here for us buddy...show how it's done!  :chef:

I got a few slices there back in December.  I saw a lot of cans of Sapporito sauce on my way to the bathroom.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »

I got a few slices there back in December.  I saw a lot of cans of Sapporito sauce on my way to the bathroom.
I really like the color of that sauce. Would you say Sean's pic is pretty true to the color in person jkb?
Saporito is an extra heavy pizza sauce; I imagine they water it a 'lil...I can get some from Penn Mac. It has basil in it too. I wonder if they blend it with any other tomato product? Thanks!  :chef:

Bob

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 02:37:18 PM »
Ahh, Sapporito! Haven't tried that yet, but I'm sure to pick up a can next time I visit my trusty restaurant supply store. I'm allow positive ive seen it there.

Re: colors, I haven't edited these photos or color corrected in any way. They look a little "cool" probably because they were just taken around noon in natural daylight.

Another interesting thing I noted that day was how heavy handed they are with the Romano and relatively light they are with the mozz. I decided to give it a try this past bake and really enjoyed the results! Also, for anyone in north NJ the bags of pecorino Romano that they sell at corrados (both the supermarket and the wholesale) are probably my favorite and come much closer to the taste I'm going for than those little tubs you find at most grocery stores.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Thanks Sean. Yes, I did note that they are very light handed with their mozz....us sauceaholics notice these things.  :)  And I'll bet it tastes great. Good to see you playing around with different cheeses and amounts yourself. Man, so many different pizzas to test and I'm supposed to be trying to loose weight darn it!  :'(

Bob

pizzapan