Author Topic: Blackstone Rotating Tray  (Read 144 times)

Offline Marauderer

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Blackstone Rotating Tray
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »
They are in stock again.  If you need one you should call and get it ordered.  Price is still $35 which includes postage.  Mine is suppose to arrive today,  Yea team!! :D
Barry
Fledgling Pizza Maker

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Blackstone Rotating Tray
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »
They are in stock again.  If you need one you should call and get it ordered.  Price is still $35 which includes postage.  Mine is suppose to arrive today,  Yea team!! :D

Why not just bend it back straight?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Marauderer

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
Hi CB,  I looked at doing that and I also looked at doing the stone only mod.  But, I am kinda doing a review on the Blackstone for my BBQ forum and wanted it to be as stock as possible.  I got it of Craig's list for $100 with a half filled propane can and a cast iron grilling tray.  This way it will be stock like new and i can evaluate it accordingly.  As soon as i make at least three pies in it I can start doing my mods like CCW rotation, etc.
Barry
Fledgling Pizza Maker

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »
Hi CB,  I looked at doing that and I also looked at doing the stone only mod.  But, I am kinda doing a review on the Blackstone for my BBQ forum and wanted it to be as stock as possible.  I got it of Craig's list for $100 with a half filled propane can and a cast iron grilling tray.  This way it will be stock like new and i can evaluate it accordingly.  As soon as i make at least three pies in it I can start doing my mods like CCW rotation, etc.

Wow....you got a "steal a deal". I like that in you!  8)

Good luck with her M.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Marauderer

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »
the previous owner and his wife both said it worked great.  I was really suspicious but, for a "C" note I was willing to gamble and the fact that I had found this web site and knew most likely what it was.  Anyway when i got it home the tray would not even rotate it was froze up for two reasons.  one, the tray was seriously warped and two the collar on the rotating tray shaft had slipped lowering the tray so it was sitting/rubbing on the oven. 

The new tray arrived this afternoon and hopefully lunch will be off the Blackstone tomorrow.
Barry
Fledgling Pizza Maker

Offline Marauderer

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
OK, I got the Blackstone together today with the new rotating tray and I installed the thrust bearing.  Everything else is stock.

I was worried about launching my pie so I bought a 16" pizza screen and built my pie on that.

It is really easy to launch and we like the texture of the crust cooked on the screen stone temp was 630*F at launch

The pie after 1 min bake

The pie after 4.5 min of bake.  I could have taken it out maybe a min. sooner but to us it was a great pie!! :drool:
Barry
Fledgling Pizza Maker