Author Topic: Blackstone Pizza Oven  (Read 363412 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Blackstone Pizza Oven
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
Guess what showed up today?  Incredibly quick shipping.  Ordered Tuesday noonish and it arrived today (Thursday).

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »
Guess what showed up today?  Incredibly quick shipping.  Ordered Tuesday noonish and it arrived today (Thursday).
Well alriiight...work it baby!  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pt

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »

Nice. They do ship fast.  Mine was on a ups truck 2 hours after ordering.

Offline PizzaJerk

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
I too have this oven. Purchased one month ago and have not even had the chance to buy a propane tank for it. FWIW, the only thing I can advise as of right now is to add a ball bearing to the upper part of the shaft where there is a locking collar. The collar, which is original to the oven, is lightly lubricated and is set on a fixed metal piece to allow the user a bit of flexibility for positioning the deck a bit higher or lower so there is no rubbing issues on the front of the oven as I had when I put it together. I immediately noticed that as a part which could cause havoc on the motor once it loses its lubrication. The collar is kept on to hold the bearing in place and it turns much smoother and is now a servicable part.

I hope to put it to the test soon..

Anthony
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »
I too have this oven. Purchased one month ago and have not even had the chance to buy a propane tank for it. FWIW, the only thing I can advise as of right now is to add a ball bearing to the upper part of the shaft where there is a locking collar. The collar, which is original to the oven, is lightly lubricated and is set on a fixed metal piece to allow the user a bit of flexibility for positioning the deck a bit higher or lower so there is no rubbing issues on the front of the oven as I had when I put it together. I immediately noticed that as a part which could cause havoc on the motor once it loses its lubrication. The collar is kept on to hold the bearing in place and it turns much smoother and is now a servicable part.

I hope to put it to the test soon..

Anthony
Anthony,
When you get a chance(no big hurry) would you be so kind as to post a pic or 2 of the rotating assembly on your new grill. I am very interested in it's drive system and the load bearing(bearing/collar)set-up.
Thank you!

Bob

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
Anthony would you mind posting a picture of this?   I'm sure it will make more sense once I start putting it together.

Offline pt

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
I think you can see it starting at 0:35 of this video.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »
I just emailed Kenji at Slice about this product.  It is now on the list of future product tests.  He's going to be testing the two stone, soon and also the Kalamazoo oven.  Talk about a difference in price!

Offline dhorst

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
Kenji is also testing the Mighty Pizza Oven! :chef:

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
The collar is kept on to hold the bearing in place and it turns much smoother and is now a servicable part.

Anthony

What's the diameter of the shaft, or internal diameter of the ball bearing?
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
Chau, it will be very interesting to see what kind of pizzas you will turn out with this oven.  I'm thinking about getting one myself. 

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
I won't be able to put it together till Monday.  I hope to not disappoint.  :angel:

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
I won't be able to put it together till Monday.  I hope to not disappoint.  :angel:

UPS says mine will be arriving on monday. I plan on making two different doughs this weekend to test it on monday. Some of the other stuff coming out of it looked pretty good too. Looks like it could be fun for steaks/fish.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:10 PM »
Well, I'm interested to see what you guys think about this product.  While I love my new wall ovens, they give off a lot more heat--probably more accurate as far as keeping the temperature level.  So, in the summer they give the A.C. a workout since I generally preheat the stones in both ovens for an hour on 550 and then there's however many pies I make.  Anyway, the OH has asked me not to bake bread unless it's very early in the morning or very late at night.  Or just not bake bread.  Who does he think he's talking to?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
Anyway, the OH has asked me not to bake bread unless it's very early in the morning or very late at night.  Or just not bake bread.  Who does he think he's talking to?
Man...that OH better Recognize!  8)

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »
Just curious as to what the members think...Is the Blackstone oven a blatant rip off of the 2stone oven or is it simply another version of the same oven?  I would love to hear your opinions. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:31:01 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 09:37:29 PM »
Well......if I was Willard, I'd be having a talk with somebody. And if he is already, he ain't going to say nothing here or any other website as I'm sure he was advised IF he's looking into it. It sure smells like a copycat deal though, many others out there of other things too. Look at your Primo's vs Big Green eggs just to name one! The price difference on 2Stone to the Blackstone sure makes it tough not to though!!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
PS.....nothing wrong per se with the buyers, but the makers. Everyone's looking for the best bang for the buck, especially nowadays!!!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »
The price difference on 2Stone to the Blackstone sure makes it tough not to though!!

jon
Not to what Jon?  Want to try one is what I imagine you are saying...but I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Jon, do you know the aprox. price of the 2Stone unit displayed in your pic?  Thanks!  :chef:

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »
Jon, good example with the BGE and the Primo.   Primo makes an oval ceramic oven and came out after the BGE.  So Primo should be ashame of ripping off BGE right?

I hope you didn't think "right" because guess who BGE ripped the idea off of?  What is the origin of the word Kamado?  And then all the other knock eggs that came out after that?

Other examples of like products off the top of my head.

BBQ Pro's Charcoal grill vs. Weber Charcoal grill
Invicta Watches vs. all the watch companies out there
Sketchers Shape ups (shoes) vs. MBT swiss shoes
Coke vs Pepsi? Who was first?
Samsung smart phones vs Apple Iphone.  See any resemblance?

pizzapan