Correct - the stone is just sitting in there with no bubble wrap. As far as UPS (United parcel smashers), I am not sure I entirely blame them. This box is quite heavy and I know these guys are single-handing the boxes more often than not. They probably cant help banging them around some. They might be lazy by not getting out the ol hand truck, but these guys have a zillion boxes deliver before their shift is over and so the inevitable happens. Bottom line is Blackstone needs to better package the stone and a few of the other bits.
Anyhow, I got mine all together. I had not trouble using the electric motor from my grill's rotisserie. It is a beefier looking motor, so I feel a bit more comfortable with it.
I noticed that the grub screw that hold the collar on the shaft really doesn't have much to grab onto. I am not sure if anyone's has slipped yet, but I am thinking I may want to grind a flat onto the shaft with my dremel for the grub screw to grab onto.
I found all the pieces of the stone (including the missing chip after I took the photo below). Because the stone is broken i won't be able to elevate it with washers for now. I did test fire the oven. As others have mentioned, I found just over a 100 degree difference between the middle of the stone and the outer edges of it. Seems like a large disparity to me.
I was surprised by just how much adjustment there is in the regulator. This thing has some range.
Bob - I am not sure I follow which part you wanted a photo of.