Author Topic: Breakfast Pizza  (Read 457 times)

Offline wsonner

Breakfast Pizza
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »
THIS is my new favorite pizza. The Breakfast Pizza!  Country sausage gravy (sauce), farm fresh scrambled eggs, hickory smoked bacon, baby bella mushrooms, green peppers, onions and cheese. 

Wes

Online Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
Re: Breakfast Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
 :drool:

I remember going through the mess line at 05:45 aboard the USS Ford and asking for "2 soft scrambled eggs with everything" to go along with some SOS and toast.  Sometimes we had the country sausage gravy, other times it was "creamed, chipped beef".

I'd love to try your Breakfast Pizza- it looks great and took me back a few years  ;)
Il miglior fabbro

Offline wsonner

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
:drool:

I remember going through the mess line at 05:45 aboard the USS Ford and asking for "2 soft scrambled eggs with everything" to go along with some SOS and toast.  Sometimes we had the country sausage gravy, other times it was "creamed, chipped beef".

I'd love to try your Breakfast Pizza- it looks great and took me back a few years  ;)

15 minutes off the bus at Lackland AFB, 5 May 1988, 0300.  They screamed us into the chow hall and served us S.O.S.  Was the best meal I ever had :-).  Talk about comfort food!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
Wes,

Your pizza looks very appetizing. It reminds me of my effort along the same lines at Reply 13 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10648.msg96744.html#msg96744 but with a Texas twist with the jalapenos.

For your information there is an entire thread on the use of eggs on pizzas, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,637.0.html.

Peter

Offline wsonner

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
Thanks Peter. That thread helped validate my idea!  I spent a lot of time reading through it.  I wanted to put jalapenos on there but the kids were going to eat it lol. We love to do "breakfast for dinner" and this is a great way to do it a little differently. 

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »
RA 73-76!! and worked mess for awhile in Pirmasen's Germany before I got transferred to supply. I used to make the SOS when I worked early mess and the goofball Mess Sargent (Sgt Sample if he's reading this :P) was watching me one day and told me 'if I didn't follow the SOP for the SOS', he was going to write me up. For a WEEK, I made it EXACTLY by the SOP recipe. For a WEEK, we tossed over 1/2 in the trash and everyone b1tching why the SOS was goofed up?? He had someone else come and tell me to go back to what I was doing before and ran out of SOS every day :-D Bottom line....I LOVE SOS :drool: :drool: :drool: Sausage, burger, chipped...it's ALL good!!!

jon
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:42:01 AM by Jackitup »
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

pizzapan