Author Topic: Lodge Pizza Pan  (Read 1020 times)

Offline HW

• I Love Pizza!
Lodge Pizza Pan
« on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
Hi
I just got a Lodge pizza pan and yesterday, we made a pizza, but found the dough to be quite soggy.  We put the dough on a cold pan as instructed, put it in a preheated oven and left it in the oven for longer than recommended.  End result - soggy dough.  Using the same dough, we then made a pizza using a thin metal pan with holes on the bottom and the dough came out crispy.

I have read that maybe I should preheat the Lodge pan prior to putting the dough on it.  Is this the solution or is there a better way to ensure a thin, crispy crust?  Thanks a lot for your help

Offline slybarman

Re: Lodge Pizza Pan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
Definitely preheat the pan.

Offline HW

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:30:41 AM »
Thanks, I will give it a try

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »
I have made a pan pizza that was mentioned in the forum. It was bake in a non preheated 10 inch cast iron skillet. I was very happy with the results. The pizza was baked at 550 deg F, middle rack, for about 12 minutes. I know this isn't your pan, but wonder why yours was soggy. Maybe the hydration of your recipe was too high.
Marty

Offline HW

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I think that I will try again with preheating the pan and baking at a higher temperature.  My temperature was 450, which is quite a bit than what you use
Harry

pizzapan