Author Topic: Please excuse the mess...  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Please excuse the mess...
« on: January 28, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »
Please excuse the mess, I've been creating new child boards in an effort to better organize the forum.

By child boards, I mean that there are now sub-boards under some of the main boards on the site. For example, the Ingredients & Resources board now has child boards for dough ingredients, sauce ingredients, etc.

Because of the change, a lot of topics must be manually moved to the proper board as they were previously lumped together under one topic.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post them here. If you have any suggestions as to how I might better organize the topics, I'm all ears!

Steve
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
Re: Please excuse the mess...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
Actually there is so many topics areas/childs that it is hard to figure out where to post a new post. :-\
-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

Offline Hi Gluten

• Supporting Member
  • This is how you make Swiss Cheese, not Mozz!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »
I personally like the change. It's more organized and much easier to find the info you want.

Good job!

;D

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:21:43 AM »
Actually there is so many topics areas/childs that it is hard to figure out where to post a new post. :-\

If all else fails, post to the General Pizza Making board or the Chitchat board... one of us will move it to the appropriate board.  ;)

While the old layout was easier for posting, it was bad for searching or reading with all of the topics lumped together. Now, if you have a particular question about tomatoes for pizza sauce, you jump over to the Ingredients/Sauce Ingredients board.

I know it is all a bit confusing at the moment, but let's give it a try and see how it works out. If it turns out to be more confusing, then it will be easy to switch back to the old format.

Steve

Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Navin Johnson

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »
Personally, I preferred the older format.  I generally read the forum more or less daily.  There are now so many categories and subcategories that it is difficult to follow.  Perhaps it is easier for those looking for specific information (although I had no problems with the search function when I needed specific information), but as a regular and general reader I have a harder time with the new format.

Just one opinion.  In any case, I continue to appreciate the forum and all its contributers.
Eric

edit:  to clarify, I think the division by type of pizza section (new york, chicago, neapolitan, etc.) is perfect.  The sections that seem to me to have too many subcategories categories are those concerning ingredients and equipment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:56:17 PM by Navin Johnson »

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 06:34:14 PM »
Have you tried the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the very top of the page (under the logo)? That's a quick and effective way to read new messages witout having to manually click on each board and sub-board. Then, when you're looking for something specific, you can drill into the board/sub-board where it should be easier to find specific information.

Offline Navin Johnson

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 08:29:43 AM »
Have you tried the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the very top of the page (under the logo)?

Steve,
Nope, I was not aware of the show unread posts link.  Thanks a lot for pointing this out.  I'll give it a try as it sounds like it could solve my problem.

Best,
Eric

Offline PizzaBrewer

• Supporting Member
  • Location: Relocating my brewpub/pizzeria within NE Pennsylvania...
  • Seasoned pro Brewer, intermediate pro Pizzamaker
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 09:15:03 AM »
Hi Navin:  You have a good recipe for pizza-in-a-cup?

---Guy
Man does not live by bread alone.  There's also tomato, cheese and pepperoni.

Offline Navin Johnson

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »
Hi Navin:  You have a good recipe for pizza-in-a-cup?

Hi Guy,

Well, I keep looking for the perfect recipe, but honestly, I'd rather find my special purpose first.  Things are looking up though, as the phone books arrived just the other day.

Navin (who had forgotten about pizza-in-a-cup) :)

pizzapan