Author Topic: G3 Ferrari Pizza Express Delizia  (Read 4253 times)

Offline minhster

G3 Ferrari Pizza Express Delizia
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
I started experimenting with a weber grill that I converted to gas with the kettle pizza attachment awhile ago. I never got very far with it because life got in the way. Fast forward a few months my wife got offered a position in the UK and we're now living here in England for two years. Standard pizza here pretty much sucks but then I remembered an old post on Slice about the G3 Ferrari pizza oven that was available in Europe. I googled it up again, read some reviews, put in the order, and it came today!

We made two batches of dough last night following Kenji's recipes on Slice. We did the New York dough without the olive oil and sugar added and we also made the Neapolitan dough. We used dry active yeast instead of instant yeast (we did let the yeast proof first) and used "strong white flour" which is 12.6% protein (normal flour here is only 10%).

We are making the pizzas later for dinner but I cheated a bit and stole a small portion of dough and made a mini pizza for lunch. The results weren't bad being my first attempt. Definitely better than what would've came out my kitchen oven. Total cook time was approx 3mins.

I'll post more pictures after tonight's dinner...

Offline kenny911

Re: G3 Ferrari Pizza Express Delizia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »

Offline ridr44

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »
This gadget reminds me of my George Foreman Grill with removable grills.  One of the grills is a "pizza grill".  After seeing this item I decided to try making pizza in it this morning, although I remember being unsatisfied when I tried it a long time ago.  It has a thermostat.  I set it on high and waited 15 min.  I checked the plate temps with my infrared thermometer and they were high 400's.  So I tried a pizza but immediately the temps went down in the 200 range.  The pizza hardly cooked.  However....

I do not recommend anyone try this but I disconnected the thermostat and after ten minutes the temps on both grills were 650!!  I will try again with the pizza another day, too full now.  But I think this might be a cool/hot counter top pizza oven.  The temp can be controlled by unplugging, or if this thing works out I might just put a switch in the line....I'll keep you posted...The grill was probably 60 bucks...Dan

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:16:58 AM »
The Williams-Sonoma actually looks interesting, says it gets to 660 degrees. Awfully small pizza though, and I wonder if the stone can be replaced when it cracks, and IT WILL crack!

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
I started experimenting with a weber grill that I converted to gas with the kettle pizza attachment awhile ago. I never got very far with it because life got in the way. Fast forward a few months my wife got offered a position in the UK and we're now living here in England for two years. Standard pizza here pretty much sucks but then I remembered an old post on Slice about the G3 Ferrari pizza oven that was available in Europe. I googled it up again, read some reviews, put in the order, and it came today!

We made two batches of dough last night following Kenji's recipes on Slice. We did the New York dough without the olive oil and sugar added and we also made the Neapolitan dough. We used dry active yeast instead of instant yeast (we did let the yeast proof first) and used "strong white flour" which is 12.6% protein (normal flour here is only 10%).

We are making the pizzas later for dinner but I cheated a bit and stole a small portion of dough and made a mini pizza for lunch. The results weren't bad being my first attempt. Definitely better than what would've came out my kitchen oven. Total cook time was approx 3mins.

I'll post more pictures after tonight's dinner...

It's so cute!! The pie........
Thanks for sharing.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline ridr44

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:50:22 AM »
forget the george foreman, it overheated and shut down in the middle of the first pie:(

Offline hendrixfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:36:32 AM »
Hi Guys, see my take on Bruschetta made with the GFerrari Oven for 2 minutes on 2.25 heat.

Offline kenny911

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
I noticed that Surlatable, Costco etc... has these type of ovens.  The costco website claims over 700 degrees.  I'm tempted to buy one instead of having to turn the oven on preheat for an hour and still not achieve this heat plus I would save money with electricity.

Offline misterschu

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
Walmart sells the Newwave stone bake pizza oven.  It gets up to 800 no problem but the top heat element turns off during cooking.  You can see some mods to similar ovens on the forum, I've copied the links below..

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,26353.0.html

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19732.0.html

I'm working on modding mine based on Squids recommendations.  I ordered an older oven made by Welbilt from eBay in order to harvest the heating elements.   I'll start a thread once I have it finished.

Offline kenny911

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
Ok guys.  The Hamilton Beach pizza oven is $50 at Amazon and the Sur La Table is down to $80 for this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-31700-Pizza-Maker/dp/B00F2FVBWO/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Just wondering if you guys think it was probably the same factory that built them but 2 different names on them.  Look very similar.

Offline sub

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »
Hi Kenny,

The model from Sur la table is a lot better !

A lot of them came from China
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:48:53 PM by sub »

Offline kenny911

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Thanks Sub.  I ordered the Sur la table.  Can't wait.