Author Topic: Layer Pizza from Pizza Hut?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
Layer Pizza from Pizza Hut?
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
Ok, I am not a Pizza Hut fan at all,  :-X
I really can't stand their pizza after they changed dough recipes maybe 20yrs ago.
But I remember they had like a  layered pizza in the mist of their change to Lord Crapness.
Like two crispy crusts. It's so hard to remember since it's been about 10-15 years ago.
But I used to love that pizza,
They stopped making this type pizza and hence I never really went back do to the Hut because
I really never got into their other crusts.

Anyone can remember this, heck maybe they brought this pizza back and I haven't known about it,
since I haven't really ordered from Pizza Hut in a long time. I checked their menu and it's not there.

I mean pizza hut way back when used to have great pizza, then they went to total crap and the 2 layer
or 3 layer (forgot) was the only thing in my opinion that was decent.

Sorry if I offended any Pizza Hut fans are owners, but It's just my opinion and you guys changed on us
Now change back will ya!  :P

Oh check this site out, the Super Pizza Hut Plus
http://www.roarbush.com/superhut/
-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Layer Pizza from Pizza Hut?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »
Perk,

I think you may be looking for the Priazzo. See http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1632.0.html.

Peter

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 01:01:37 PM »
That's It! Thanks!

I am going to have to read up on the Priazzo.
I really enjoyed that pizza.
-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.

Offline sluuby

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 03:09:13 PM »
The Priazzo is the best Pizza that PH has ever made.  I used to deliver for PH in the early 90's and got to make my own when ever I wanted with whatever topings I wanted.  My then famous Double Hawaiian with onions was the favourite amoungst the staff, but sadly never made the menu for the world to enjoy.

I think the reason it has not returned is that it takes so long to bake.  And with competition for faster pizza (ie 30 miunutes or its free) it wasn't feasable to offer such a long baking pizza that would slow down the making of the other regualr pizzas.  Thus it its not likely to ever see a return.

We can only hope someonesteps up and prings back this short lived classic pie!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
slubby, please help us with any information you might remember about how the priazzo was made including anything about the dough making process.

It might be a good idea to chime in with any comments on the other thread about priazzo listed above.

pizzapan