Author Topic: Summary of pizza USA in the last year.  (Read 711 times)

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Summary of pizza USA in the last year.
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
16th. Sotto Pizza, Los Angeles, CA
Good pizza, felt like it was missing a bit of something though, maybe a few more days of fermentation or maybe a bit more salt? ??? not sure. Felt like as beautiful as this pie looked to the eyes with all the spotting and ect. It didn't taste that way in the mouth. My dining party loved it though, maybe it was just me. Id go back though, the vibe here is amazing and the other dining options(non pizza)looked great. The sous chef was really fun too. She isn't giving up anything on how she gets that leoparding though ;) Ill try again next time!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 11:00:45 PM »
17th. Cane Rosso, Dallas, TX
This place is VPN certified. I know that just because a place has that certification doesn't mean its going to be great no matter what. But this place gets it done! Well actually! Im so lucky when Im in Dallas this place is only blocks from our hotel. I get my pizza fix in every time! Which is needed after all the cow I munch down at the big texan!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
18th. Pizza Paradiso, Washinton, DC
This is a really good pie also. Just avoid the bar seat right in front of the oven, me feeling lucky to get the seat in front of this monster quickly turned into wholly %$#! this thing is HOT!!!!! It was awesome seeing these guys work on a busy night and the pizza......DIFFERENT!!! IN A GOOD WAY! It was bread like! Soft, Airy, and Bready! Never had a pizza like this before I must say. It was a nice change, and the salad was great too!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »
19th. Coal Fire Chicago, Chacago, IL
Another place I really wanted to love. I like the vibe of this place. And all the pizza look great. But for a place this popular I was underwhelmed :( :( The dough had barely any flavor, but had character. I though that these two things went hand in hand? Anyways, after talking to a few locals at a bar down the street they informed me that this place was really good at one time. They told me there crust has changed. It seems like there doing everything else right here, but this flavorless dough was a disappointment. Sorry for the bad pics.

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »
20th. Pequods, Chicago, IL
UUUMMMM UUUUMMMM SOOOOO!!!! GOOOD!!! I must tell you though, a bottle of fireball whiskey had attacked me and a friend before going here though. But none of what I demolished here was a blur. Rich sauce, good sausage and pep, and my first stint with these burnt edge cheese crust. YEP!! Im a fan!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:47 PM »
21st. Pizanos, Chicago, IL
I see why this pizza has its own following. To most of us a thin crust is.....a thin crust. Not here. A thin crust here is kinda sorta a thin crust, but kinda a crunchy medium crust type deal. Kinda hard to explain. But I charged through 4 slices of this thing! Its hearty though so prep yourself.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »
Markus,

I may be at the top of the list of jealous pm.com members. Pequods looks awesome.

JohnK
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 12:52:52 AM »
Hey JohnK! Pequods was pretty good. Ironically one week after that goodness I stumbled into this place in the middle of nowhere SD 5mins from Mt. Rushmore!

22nd. Janes Boardwalk Pizza, Keystone, SD
Really could it be! My second crunchy cheesy crust pizza in one week! Janes is a local/tourist spot on a one street kinda city in keystone SD. Don't expect anything to crazy here. But the two lades running this spot are working hard selling delicious ice cream and there homemade pies. They are both good especially given the options in this tiny little town.

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 01:13:28 AM »
23rd. Restaurant Le Maizerets, Quebec, Canada
 This is easily the best pizza in quebec.....in eastern canada in my personal opinion. I dream about this place while I'm up that way because the rest of the food up this way is in desperate need of..... SALT! The french here in this province can be a bit stubborn with use of english and when they finally understand that I need a salt shaker the reply is always the same.......ooooohhhhhhh aaaahhhhhh salt. lol they are nice about it though. Anywayz! This restaurants rocks! everything here is good but the traditional pizza here is what they call it is great! They salami that they use is easily one of the best Ive ever had and its hidden underneath the cheese. They serve these pizzas with either spaghetti or frites(fries), or both.

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
24th. Tesoros, Washington, DC
I love the pizza here and on certain nights this place holds a kind of after hours get together thats open to the public and tourist. Its definitely a locals spot with great italian food. Plates are huge and desserts are yum! This pic is with the owner! He let me make a pizza! As dark as it was this night I was glowing! Even if you can only see my eyes! The people that work here are really nice, so happy its close to our hotel!

Offline Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »
25th. Apollonias Pizzaria, Los Angeles, CA
NY Style Pizza in Los Angeles area! Its good but SUPER EXPENSIVE!!! These two pies together cost us over 50 bucks!!!!

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
You should hit up Vito's and Pizzanista the next time you're in LA as well as the original Mozza. 

My personal favorite in SoCal is The Luggage Room in Pasadena.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.