Author Topic: Trenton, NJ tomorrow to visit Trenton Bill and some pizzerias  (Read 11750 times)

Offline Serpentelli

• Bat Man vs. The Penguin
Re: Trenton, NJ tomorrow to visit Trenton Bill and some pizzerias
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
John,

Those waffles were lighter than I ever tasted before.  I never tried malted milk powder when mixing batter for waffles.  Do you know what malted milk powder adds to the taste or texture of waffles?

Norma

Well to me, its the taste of malt, which I love! Essentially the same flavor as the inside of a malted milk ball, or the malt powder that is used when brewing beer. I even love the taste of roasted, malted barley grain, which is where the malt powder comes from (after you make a brew of it and then evaporate the water so that only the extracted malt is left).

I think the Carnation version has milk powder added to it which makes it easier for most consumers to use.

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
Well to me, its the taste of malt, which I love! Essentially the same flavor as the inside of a malted milk ball, or the malt powder that is used when brewing beer. I even love the taste of roasted, malted barley grain, which is where the malt powder comes from (after you make a brew of it and then evaporate the water so that only the extracted malt is left).

I think the Carnation version has milk powder added to it which makes it easier for most consumers to use.

John K

John,

Thanks for explaining how malt tastes and what other products have malt in them.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
This is an article about Papa's Tomato Pies Robbinsville in The New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/nyregion/a-review-of-papas-tomato-pies-in-robbinsville.html?src=twr

Norma