Author Topic: Bakerstone  (Read 763 times)

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
Bakerstone
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
Has anyone looked into this? Seems like their Kickstarter project has stalled a bit while an established leisure/camping company incorporates design changes and takes over production. I like their concept and seriously considered a pre-order, but have a HastyBake Legacy SS charcoal grill that has the grill grates slanted to the middle, so I'm thinking it wouldn't sit level and also would leave more of the grill surface exposed than I would like.  With all the delays, I decided to build a custom version/tweak for my HastyBake grill, but with a modular design of 1" cordierite base and sides and 1/4" steel top. It has a similar steel hood, but one that fit's my HastyBake Legacy grill area surface to a 'T". My prototype is producing temperatures in the 875F - 900F+ range with lump charcoal alone, so I'm quite stoked. I'll be throwing some wood chunks in during my next test run and see how that works. I'm also currently working on a custom insulated door with temperature gauge for the pre-heat phase. Photos to follow, shooting for a super Father's Day pizza party. Wish me luck and take care!

Jim

http://www.bakerstonebox.com
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Bakerstone
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »
This also looks like what another member is trying to do with the "might pizza oven."