Author Topic: I almost forgot how good these are!  (Read 7732 times)

Offline bakeshack

Re: I almost forgot how good these are!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »
Marlon, so are you building your pies on the peel?  I'm looking to get a bigger maybe the metal one just not sure yet.

Yes I stretch the skin and then top it on the peel.  With this larger diameter, it would be extremely difficult to drag it on the peel or slide the peel underneath it.  I would recommend a larger wooden peel instead of metal one for this style. 

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »
The Power flour performs really well with this style.  I am very impressed with the results.  It has a nice balance of tenderness and crispness.  It also keep really well with no toughness.  It should be a regular in my pantry.  I used the same formula as with Central Milling baked for about 3:45-4 mins @ 650F.

bakeshack, if I were to make some 18" NY style pies in a WFO, I'd model them after yours.  In my eye, those leave very little to be desired. (maybe just a sprinkle of marjoram  ;D).
Il miglior fabbro

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
bakeshack, if I were to make some 18" NY style pies in a WFO, I'd model them after yours.  In my eye, those leave very little to be desired. (maybe just a sprinkle of marjoram  ;D).

Thank you for the kind words!  The sauce actually had a little bit of marjoram in it. 

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 05:37:21 AM »
Some more NY pies from last weekend.  The Pendleton Power flour is awesome. 

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
Marlon,

All I can say is wow! beautiful looking pies.  What was the bake temp/time for these pies? do you prefer Power Flour over the All Trumps for NY style pies?

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »
Marlon,

All I can say is wow! beautiful looking pies.  What was the bake temp/time for these pies? do you prefer Power Flour over the All Trumps for NY style pies?

Thank you!  These were baked for about 3:30-3:45 @ 650-675F.  I don't like 100% All trumps for NY pizza.  The Powe flour gives you the ideal texture, IMO.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »
Marlon,

Any chance of me picking up some Power Flour from you? Ive run out of the All Trumps I really want to give Power Flour a try.
Awhile back you offered for us to meet up and I could pickup some flour from you.  I tried to PM you, but couldn't get it to go through.

If the offer still stands that would be great, just let me know and it will be at your convenience.

Thank you,

Vince

pizzapan