Author Topic: I almost forgot how good these are!  (Read 8148 times)

Offline bakeshack

Re: I almost forgot how good these are!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 03:04:03 AM »
more . . . 

scott123

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:36 AM »
*swooning*

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »
*swooning*

Thank you, Scott!  You're just the guy I want to please with this pizza.   ;D 

Offline redox

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
I'm getting a case of the vapors...unless that means I'm farting. Which I'm not...really!
It's been far too long since I've had good NY style pizza. I'm thinking about trying it soon. It looks like baking it on steel is going to be my only option.
That is great looking pizza. I am drooling.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
Exceptional looking pies Marlon.  What type of cheese is on that cheese pie?

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »
Exceptional looking pies Marlon.  What type of cheese is on that cheese pie?

Thanks, Chau!  I used Grande aged mozzarella with some Caciocavallo (young provolone) from our local cheesemaker but mostly Grande.

[quote tiger link=topic=25297.msg258703#msg258703 date=1370614719]

That is great looking pizza. I am drooling.
[/quote]

Thank you!

Offline PetersPizza

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »
PERFECT  :drool:

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
simply delicious looking pies!!  I was wondering if you could let me know where your local cheese maker is?

Thanks,

Vince

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
Wow those look amazing Marlon. What size did you make them with those size dough balls?

EDIT: Just saw your original post that you made 18" with 480g dough balls. Why did you decide to up the weight to 520g? I'm wondering because I'm making some pies today and have them set at 465g for a 17" but am wondering if I should up the weight 15-20g.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:35:48 AM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »
Wow those look amazing Marlon. What size did you make them with those size dough balls?

EDIT: Just saw your original post that you made 18" with 480g dough balls. Why did you decide to up the weight to 520g? I'm wondering because I'm making some pies today and have them set at 465g for a 17" but am wondering if I should up the weight 15-20g.

Thanks!  I just wanted to play around with a bit larger dough ball and I think I prefer the 520g for 18".  The center has the perfect thickness for my taste.

Marlon

Offline f.montoya

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
Love those big slices! I haven't had anything that looks like that in 13 years, which was when I was in NY for a few weeks. I gotta go back one day. Either that or stop by Marlon's place!

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
Love those big slices! I haven't had anything that looks like that in 13 years, which was when I was in NY for a few weeks. I gotta go back one day. Either that or stop by Marlon's place!

Thanks!   ;D  You're welcome anytime!  Have you tried NY-style in your oven? 

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
Some more NY pizzas today

I made the dough just like the one I posted above.  These baked for about 4 mins @650-675F.  I have some coals and a small fire pushed to the side. 

Offline Jdcigar

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
Absolute perfection!

Offline dhorst

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Gorgeous!  My sons' friends and my former co-workers thought it was too funny that I have pizza boxes from a supply store just for them.  I delivered my pizzas to my older son who was in college at SUNY Oswego this past year--about a 40 minute drive for me, and the guys all loved it each time.  I never stuck around-- just did the drop and run.   :)

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »
Gorgeous!  My sons' friends and my former co-workers thought it was too funny that I have pizza boxes from a supply store just for them.  I delivered my pizzas to my older son who was in college at SUNY Oswego this past year--about a 40 minute drive for me, and the guys all loved it each time.  I never stuck around-- just did the drop and run.   :)

Thanks!  Same here.   I delivered these to my wife's workplace earlier and everyone thought it was crazy that we had extra large pizza boxes in stock.   ;D 

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »
Absolute perfection!

Thank you! 

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
Awesome looking pies Bakeshack! This is my kind of pie for sure. Do you always do 17-18" pies? Are you only able to fit 1 pie in the oven at a time?
How much is the Grande cheese you buy? I'm going to a restaurant supply tomorrow that I heard sells Grande and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off....lol
Chaz

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
Those look great as usually. That temp is just about perfect for this style, ~660F 4-4.5 minutes.

I have a question about your sauce. It looks like your sauce has a nice "thickness", are you using straight tomatoes from the can and doing nothing else? Are you cooking it for a little or adding some tomato paste to thicken it up a bit? If you're draining them how do you do it? Sorry for all the questions but last week the sauce I used was too "runny" which I didn't like and didn't really meld with the cheese how I would have liked.

David

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
Awesome looking pies Bakeshack! This is my kind of pie for sure. Do you always do 17-18" pies? Are you only able to fit 1 pie in the oven at a time?
How much is the Grande cheese you buy? I'm going to a restaurant supply tomorrow that I heard sells Grande and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off....lol

Thanks, Chaze! With NY style, I like to make 18" pizzas but I can only fit 1.  My oven door is only 17" so I have to tilt the peel during launch and when I pull it out.

I get the Grande cheese for $4.99/l but I buy the whole loaf.  I tried the Sierra brand for this bake and it worked just as well. 

pizzapan