Author Topic: First Sicilian  (Read 498 times)

Offline JCT

• I Love Pizza!
First Sicilian
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Actually first post!  Big thanks to the forum - spent a few weeks reading and when my son came home from college it was time to try my first Sicilian.  We left NYC a few years ago and my son, in particular, misses his local pizza place, 4 Corners Pizza in Pelham, NY. In fact, when he talks with high school buddies they immediately all reminisce about their favorite slices.

Went with Mary Ann's recipe, fiddled the size and it was a big hit.  As a matter of fact I got one slice and the men ate the rest  ::)

The bottom was on the light side but nice and crispy.  Used a well seasoned dark steel pan. My oven is electric with the coil at the top so it will be a challenge to darken the bottom more - but it sure tasted great.  One less thing to be homesick about out here in the desert...

Online apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: First Sicilian
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
A very good looking pizza there. Wonderful start.

As far as the bottom goes, I think that top coil in your oven was not on. It is probably the broil coil. If it was the only heat source I think you would have had total char. Perhaps the baking coil is below the oven floor. There is some color on the bottom. If I am right, you could try again on a lower rack position if you desire a more crisp bottom.
Marty

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
Re: First Sicilian
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 01:18:54 PM »
A very good looking pizza there. Wonderful start.

I agree  ^^^
Norm