Author Topic: I love you Grandma!  (Read 2295 times)

Offline fcbuilder

I love you Grandma!
« on: May 19, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
If I am going to have a cheat day it's got to be a grandma ! ( dirty minds, We are talking about pizza here) :-D

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: I love you Grandma!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
Excellent job - quintessential in this category. What was your formula/process?

John

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »
Thank you john ;D These two were frozen dough,from last week . I used better for bread flour . I mixed for a total of 6 min on speed one with a 15 min rest after the first min. I let the dough balls defrost over night in the fridge ,then i pulled  them out and spread them out on the pans. They proofed for about an hour and a half before dressing and baking at 550.
flour 100%
water 63%
ady 0.2%
salt 2%
evo 1.5%

p.s. the bruins are looking good!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »
Wow that looks awesome!  I just might have to try this one!

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:44 PM »
thanks, it is
  worth a try!  left over ny dough would work great for this style.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:32:16 PM by fcbuilder »

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »
Awesome. Where did you bake it in the oven, and on a stone?

I just got my blue steel pan for Roman style pizza but I may have to break away a bit and load one of these up with some garlic, basil, and plenty of EVOO....

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
Nice job FCB; it's like a Detroit, but thin. I bet it was tasty!
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »
Awesome. Where did you bake it in the oven, and on a stone?

I just got my blue steel pan for Roman style pizza but I may have to break away a bit and load one of these up with some garlic, basil, and plenty of EVOO....
thanks they were done in my electric home oven that is rigged.The stone is on four two inch blocks sitting on the floor of the oven. I start baking when the stone reads 650. I also place a sheet of tin foil on the rack above during the whole bake .

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Nice job FCB; it's like a Detroit, but thin. I bet it was tasty!
yes it is like a detroit. I made some this past week using a poolish that i fermented over night then mixed the next day and bulk fermented for two days in the fridge . It came out really good , the crust was a lot lighter.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »
I just ordered a couple of blue steel pans.  I'm looking forward to playing around with them!

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
Great looking pizza. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
Great looking pizza. Thanks for sharing the photos.
thanks buddy they would go great with some of those beers you have there!

Online Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
Hey fc!! Im new here to the form but im pretty sure when I was looking into all things detroit a couple months back, BuddysPizza weren't promoting what I just noticed today. If you don't know what Im talking about still, or maybe its been mentioned and Im not hip to it, go over to buddys website and have a look. I find it ironic they now have a thin crust very similar to yours but after you done it first (maybe they seen this thread) (you know how small minded some pizza chains (and corporations)can get). If I knew how to attach that page to this post I would but anyways, yours looks a whole look better than theres does, and not only that. You beat them to the punch my friend and from looks, your doing better than they are at it! Kudos to that pie and you!

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Hey fc!! Im new here to the form but im pretty sure when I was looking into all things detroit a couple months back, BuddysPizza weren't promoting what I just noticed today. If you don't know what Im talking about still, or maybe its been mentioned and Im not hip to it, go over to buddys website and have a look. I find it ironic they now have a thin crust very similar to yours but after you done it first (maybe they seen this thread) (you know how small minded some pizza chains (and corporations)can get). If I knew how to attach that page to this post I would but anyways, yours looks a whole look better than theres does, and not only that. You beat them to the punch my friend and from looks, your doing better than they are at it! Kudos to that pie and you!

Hey markus thanks, I just looked at there website and I guess they are jumping on the grandma Sicilian band wagon! For me I am just trying to copy what i eat at the original Umbertos of new Hyde park , they are credited for bringing this style to market. Everything I have learned on this site has gone into making this style of pizza and enjoying it all the way in California . So now I don't really miss eating the pizza I grew up on. Thanks pizza making .com! P.S. all of us on this site can make better pizza then them anyway! :-D

pizzapan