Author Topic: Finally Home and Making pies  (Read 8022 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Finally Home and Making pies
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »
 very well done!!!!

Offline landras

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
Congrats!!! good luck with the kickstarter!!!

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes!!  Two days, I decided to back a Kickstarter project to experience the process...the 100% Japanese Kobe Beer Fed Beef looked delicious, and since they were close to their end time and got more funds than they expected, I was in.  I got this email from KickStarter today:

Hi there,

This is a message from Kickstarter Support. We're writing to inform you that a project you backed, KOBE RED - 100% JAPANESE BEER FED KOBE BEEF JERKY, has been suspended by Kickstarter. Your $40.00 pledge has been automatically canceled and you will not be charged. No further action is necessary.

As a policy, Kickstarter does not comment on specific reasons for a project's suspension to the creator or backers, but included below is information from our FAQ regarding suspensions. Project suspensions are not reversible.

Thanks,
Kickstarter

Why would a project be suspended?

A project may be suspended by Kickstarter if it:

Violates or acts inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Kickstarter Guidelines or Terms of Use
Materially changes the stated use of funds
Makes unverifiable claims
Exhibits actions that are more closely associated with fraudulent or high-risk activity

YIKES!  I thought it was rather peculiar that their video did not show a face or person. Very odd, I thought. Should have followed my gut feeling. Good thing they were outed and my credit card not charged.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »
Seems like kickstarter would be fairly easy to set up a scam. Lay back and wait until near your closing date and then funnel/channel in the balance(if you are lacking)with your own money...then "take the money an run" as they say.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Serpentelli

• Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »
Seems like kickstarter would be fairly easy to set up a scam. Lay back and wait until near your closing date and then funnel/channel in the balance(if you are lacking)with your own money...then "take the money an run" as they say.

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby.......

I hadn't even thought of that clever little scheme until you said it!  >:D >:D >:D >:D

I need to think more devilishly!

How in the heck could you monitor for this type of scam??!!! Maybe they contract with the NSA!! :-D

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »
it make sense now why they asked for the following on my project.

A documented, incremental progress from the first spark all the way to the where you are today. Napkin sketches, photographs, handmade prototypes, whiteboard user flow diagrams, these are the things that tell the story of a product conceived, designed, prototyped, and eventually manufactured by creators and their partners. Basically, tell backers your story.

Bert

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
Bobby, Bobby, Bobby.......

I hadn't even thought of that clever little scheme until you said it!  >:D >:D >:D >:D

I need to think more devilishly!

How in the heck could you monitor for this type of scam??!!! Maybe they contract with the NSA!! :-D

John K
If you think about it...kickstarters 30 day program is ideally suited to the "travel'in man" type of con artist. Set up "shop" in your new town and take a little time to feel out the community...discover what that towns current fads, fashions and heart strings are for the locals and dream up a suitable kickstarter commodity/product. Sit back an let P.T. Barnums theory go to work.  ;D

Better hurry though cause kickstarter is probably already closing in on a solution to thwart this problem.  >:(

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
it make sense now why they asked for the following on my project.

A documented, incremental progress from the first spark all the way to the where you are today. Napkin sketches, photographs, handmade prototypes, whiteboard user flow diagrams, these are the things that tell the story of a product conceived, designed, prototyped, and eventually manufactured by creators and their partners. Basically, tell backers your story.
A creative individual can "manufacture" all that stuff fairly easily.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
It wasn't a problem, I had kept all my prototypes, saving them for MPO museum  ;D
Bert

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:37 PM »
It wasn't a problem, I had kept all my prototypes, saving them for MPO museum  ;D
C'mon Bert....donate one to Pizza Brain and you'll get some free instant publicity man!  8)