Author Topic: Help with my Blodgett 1048  (Read 773 times)

Offline SmokeSignals

• I Love Pizza!
Help with my Blodgett 1048
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
Hello All,

I recently acquired a used Blodgett 1048 for my small, artisan bread bakery. I had been using the same model for the past year in my town's local pizza shop and am now branching out into my own space, however, (of course) there's been some issues getting it up and running. My boyfriend and I successfully converted the oven to LP and got the pilot lit, but the burners seem to be igniting unevenly. Any ideas? We're going to take them out tonight and clean them with some pressurized air.

I had't put the decks in yet since I figured we'd be working on the oven a bit, and that's my second question. The oven came with two large aluminum? decks and two new stones, the manual isn't very clear so I'm wondering if some can tell me: are these "aluminum" decks insulation and the stones go on top of them? I feel silly asking this, but I'm just learning as I go.

Any tips/advice appreciated!
Happy Baking/Pizza Making....
Tara

Some pictures of my bread & oven...

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
Re: Help with my Blodgett 1048
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:11:47 AM »
I have a stack of blodgett 1000's but am not by any means an expert.   You can adjust the gas to air mixture on the  burners.  What color is the flame?  It should be blue not yellow or yellow blue and it should be fairly close to the burners.  This may be your problem.  The stones sit on top of the baffles.  I would get a technician in to look at it and assemble it correct.   Maybe the regulator is not right for use with propane?  Good luck and your bread looks great!  I bake pizzas, bagels, and breads in my ovens and they do a great job.   Walter

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
Re: Help with my Blodgett 1048
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »
Hello All,

I recently acquired a used Blodgett 1048 for my small, artisan bread bakery. I had been using the same model for the past year in my town's local pizza shop and am now branching out into my own space, however, (of course) there's been some issues getting it up and running. My boyfriend and I successfully converted the oven to LP and got the pilot lit, but the burners seem to be igniting unevenly. Any ideas? We're going to take them out tonight and clean them with some pressurized air.

I had't put the decks in yet since I figured we'd be working on the oven a bit, and that's my second question. The oven came with two large aluminum? decks and two new stones, the manual isn't very clear so I'm wondering if some can tell me: are these "aluminum" decks insulation and the stones go on top of them? I feel silly asking this, but I'm just learning as I go.

Any tips/advice appreciated!
Happy Baking/Pizza Making....
Tara

Some pictures of my bread & oven...

Tara,

Where in NC are you? We sure don't have any bread that looks that good down here in ILM (Wilmington)!!

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

pizzapan