Author Topic: My online pizza dough calculator  (Read 426 times)

Offline adampawliczek

• I Love Pizza!
    • Online pizza dough calculator
My online pizza dough calculator
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
Hello,

I would like to share with you all with my tool:

Pizzacreator - online pizza dough calculator
http://www.pizzacreator.net/

I created this calculator for personal usage, i use it every time i make pizza (that is every Saturday, or sometimes 2 times in a week). I use it to experiment with my pizza dough recipe. Lots of friends often ask me about pizza dough proportions, so i decided to publish it in the internet.

I wanted to have a handy tool, so i created a HTML based app. It is ready to to run on any device that supports HTML, like smartphone or tablet - a handy devices to use in the kitchen. It is a lot simpler than calculators on pizzamaking.com, but that is enough for me at this time. I do have some ideas about new features.

Hope to get some feedback. It is still in some beta version, default proportions are not final, so as the size/weight ratio. I want them to be most universal.

Adam

Offline tomz

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My online pizza dough calculator
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
Nice.  I have a nexus tablet without flash so the pizza making.com tools don't work unless I sideload flash and use dolphin browser.  I used the american setting in advanced mode and got pretty close to my Lehman formulation that I often use.  Very easy to use if you already have the baker's percentages. Thanks.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »
I do not find it simpler at all. It needs decimal points, ie, 0.02%. Your attempt is admirable,  but why reinvent the wheel?
Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline mudman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
I like it, super simple

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
Looks good!

Very easy to use but it's missing the comprehensiveness of the calculator here. Other than that, I like it.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Montyzumo

• I'm here for Pizza
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
Neat. Very simple to use and came out very close to my current recipe. No it is not as comprehensive as the other calculators, but I'm a simple guy.

Offline Gregorio

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
Pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing it.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »
Why did you limit the number of dough balls in the drop down menu? Also, your yeast numbers seem a bit high for the neo.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »
Nice job, Adam.  I like the graphics.  I am used to measuring my pizzas in inches so I have to get used to centimeters. Thanks for sharing your tool! 

Online Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
Adam, Nice job!  Clean & easy interface. It seems like the advanced mode solves for some of the smaller percentages and percents.  I did wonder what the definition of American pizza was.  Is that like a NY-style pizza or more like a US National Pizza Chain such as Papa John's?  Perhaps a simple reference point or graphic would help?  But very cool as it is!  I'll go out on a limb and suggest that  PM Forum member Anverc may have an interest in collaborating with you.  He has also built a utility that incorporates the back end data for more options. You may want to reach out to him.
Prost,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.