Author Topic: Inspiration a la Norma  (Read 392 times)

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
Inspiration a la Norma
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
I have been following Normas's tomato pie journey and today we had extra dough so I played around a bit. It is our regular dough, sauce, cheese.  I played around with the cheese first and sauce last.  I am not a clone type person so I don't know what you call it.   Thanks Norma!  My kids ate it and loved it.  Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Inspiration a la Norma
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Walter,

Your tomato pie looks very good to me.  ;)  I am glad your students liked your tomato pie.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »
thanks Norma.  We llok at the forum when we have some time and Paige liked your tomato pie pictures.  That led us to give it whirl.  She loved making them.   I really didn't taste any different than our normal pies except the sauce was heavy in places.  I liked the cheese pie the best.  Here is a shot of my plate.  I eat 2 slices of pie a day and just got my yearly checkup.  Cholestoral, blood pressure, and everything is great so everyone eat more PIZZA!  Walter
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:09:15 PM by waltertore »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
thanks Norma.  We llok at the forum when we have some time and Paige liked your tomato pie pictures.  That led us to give it whirl.  She loved making them.   I really didn't taste any different than our normal pies except the sauce was heavy in places.  I liked the cheese pie the best.  Here is a shot of my plate.  I eat 2 slices of pie a day and just got my yearly checkup.  Cholestoral, blood pressure, and everything is great so everyone eat more PIZZA!  Walter

Walter,

I am glad Paige like my tomato pie photos and that is what led you and your students to give the tomato pie a whirl.  I am also glad Paige loved making them.  If you ever have some kind of tomato product that are whole tomatoes and you crush them in combination with your regular sauce it gives a different taste.  Also using mild white cheddar give a different taste in the final pizza. 

All of the photos look very good.  I am glad your cholesterol, blood pressure and everything else is good too. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 06:21:18 AM »
Norma:   I will pass that on to Paige and thanks for the ingredient ideas.  Walter