Author Topic: Gas vs Electric Conveyor oven  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Olivano

• I Love Pizza!
Gas vs Electric Conveyor oven
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:58 AM »
Hi All,
 I am new here. Hence a basic question.
I have looked in the forum but not found a direct answer to the question i amasking.

If the same model of Conveyor oven is available in Gas and Electric variants:

Which one will have a more uniform heating as the Pizza esp 18 inches moves over the belt?

In case of power failure or gas supply disconnection, which is expected to maintain internal temperature longer before we can use another energy supply? In my country Gas is available in cylinders and there is a time gap between change of cylinders by 5-7 mins.. Can the gas oven maintain the temperatyure or the lot of pizzas on the belt will be spoilt?

Thanks,
Ajay

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Gas vs Electric Conveyor oven
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Ajay;
In commercial conveyor (air impingement) ovens gas is the most efficient way to go. It produces a crispier pizza with significantly less bake time and at a lower temperature too. As for the power failure issue, if you lose electric you are "dead in the water" with both types of ovens since electric motors are used to drive the conveyor in both oven types (gas and electric) so I think that will be a moot question.
If you are really concerned over potential power failures, a gas deck oven might be a better choice since they typically don't require any electrical supply, so as long as you have gas you would be good to go.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Olivano

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Gas vs Electric Conveyor oven
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
Dear Tom,

Thanks fr the prompt reply.

I am happy to know that gas ovens are efficient and that you recommend the same. I wud go that way only.

Agreed, conveyor belt needs electric power, but it is very less.. may 200 to 400 watts, this can be managed by a small diesel generator or an invertor. nonetheless i wud need a backup electric source for lights and billing computer.

Thanks a lot again, for the reply.

Ajay

pizzapan