Author Topic: Last of the Neapolitans...............bye bye WFO  (Read 636 times)

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Last of the Neapolitans...............bye bye WFO
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
A couple of months ago, a valve in our dishwasher broke and the entire kitchen and hallway flooded.  The water dripped through the floor into the ceiling of my closet downstairs, through that floor and into the basements.  3 days later, all the floors that were soaked warped!  :'(

Repairing the damage means replacing the wood and the then sanding a staining all of the flooring in the house.  The entire house, without interruption is the Brazilian cherry wood.  So, every stick of furniture needs to be out of the house.

Fast forward to today.  The replacement wood is acclimated to the house and the moving van is coming this week.  The refrigerator and oven are in the garage.  We are moving to a rental home for the next couple of months.

Today was the last bake of a Neapolitan with the WFO.  I will be spending my time in the rental baking New York pizzas in the oven and maybe learning how to make some other kinds - perhaps cracker style.

The house has a grill so I am going to pull the 2stone grill out of retirement and see if it fits.  I am doubtful because the grill looks pretty small, but it is worth a try.

Sigh....

:(

Wish me luck,

Mitch

At least it was a really tasty pie -

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Last of the Neapolitans...............bye bye WFO
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »
Plug garage frig in and bring your NP goodies over to the house and fire that WFO up man!  :chef:
Dry your tears an stop that cry'in .... >:D

ps. that pie looks killer.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »
Well, the fridge is plugged in and I could come over with all the goodies.  It is a question of hanging out in the yard for several hours without any place to go in the house.  It will depend on how desperate I get!

It's my WFO and I'll cry if I want to...you would cry if it happened to you....  :'(

I'll live and focus on all my new choices!  8)

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »

It's my WFO and I'll cry if I want to...you would cry if it happened to you....  :'(

I know exactly what you mean Mitch (and yes cry if you want to) We sold our house 3-4 years ago including the WFO and its been hard... Building a new one now though..  hang in there..  :)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »

Ha!...you know I'm crazy 'bout that girl.  8) 

Lesley Gore - It's My Party (1965)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 10:41:21 PM »
I am crying for you  :'( too. I certainly understand how you feel, I sell wfo and since I moved I didn't get to cook in one for 3 month now. But there is hope for the end of this week  :drool:
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
There is some hope!  :chef:

I brought the 2stone pizza grill over and it fits in the Kenmore grill that the landlady has set up in the back yard.  Assuming I can get it up to temp like at home (over 700), then I should be able to make some pretty darn good 3 minute pies.  It has been a long time since I used it but I recall that I really was getting good results with 50/50 Caputo/KABF (or stronger) and my starter (Varasano style). 

If all goes well, it should tide me over just fine.  >:D