Author Topic: Short-Term Dough Recipe with 00  (Read 608 times)

Offline ChefLuka

• I Love Pizza!
Short-Term Dough Recipe with 00
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
Hi fellas,

I come to you looking for a way to develop the right kind of pizza dough for our restaurant. We currently work with a brand new Woodstone Gas Forno Oven that we usually run at about 575-600 degrees.

Now here's the tricky part, our commercial mixer is a piece of crap (won't mix more than 2kg of flour at a time) and we don't have the storage facilities to be proofing dough for long hours. Basically we need a neapolitan-style dough that can be cold proofed in 4-5 hours. We make around 50+ pizzas a day during service.

Our chef currently makes us use the following recipe, which I personally think turns out into a chewy and soggy piece of rubber to the taste, but is very easy to work with lol.

2Kg 00 caputo "pizzeria" Flour
1.24 ml of water (25C)
40g honey
40g salt
12g Instant Dry Yeast

Mixed on speed 1 for 5 minutes with a hook. Then rested in bowl for 10 minutes. Mixed again on speed 2 for another 5 minutes. Inmediately we shape it into 230g dough balls and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours.

The dough its really nice to the touch, but personally Im getting tired of getting bad reviews on our pizzas because we are serving this crap that you cant even lift of the plate without making a mess.

What are your thoughts?

Offline kevinbrown22

• Pizza, not life or death much more important.
Re: Short-Term Dough Recipe with 00
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
I would post your question for Lehmann http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/board,65.0.html
Also search the forum for emergency dough.
Good Luck it's going to be 110 here today wish I was in Kelowna eating Pizza.  :pizza:
Science, better than making stuff up since well forever.

Online scott123