Author Topic: Pizzacraft PizzaQue and Pizzeria Pronto  (Read 425 times)

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
Pizzacraft PizzaQue and Pizzeria Pronto
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
I recently made a somewhat spontaneous purchase of a PizzaQue oven.  I am very happy with it thus far.  It heats up within 10 minutes (but I give it more time to ensure the stone is properly heated).  My thermometer show temperatures reaching 900 at times.  The pizza results have been much better than anything I have made in my home oven or gas grill.

From what I can find, there may be a few differences between the Que and Pronto, but mostly a marketing strategy to create two different price points.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:33:14 PM by Sprintfan »

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzacraft PizzaQue and Pizzaeria Pronto
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »
Pizzacraft sells a door that can be used on either the Que or Pronto.  I just bent up a piece of aluminum instead.  It might help the oven retain a little extra heat, but still doesn't solve the problem of the back of the oven cooking hotter.  Still need to rotate the pizza once or twice.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:49:26 PM by Sprintfan »

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzacraft PizzaQue and Pizzeria Pronto
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
The first time I used the Pizza Que oven, I googled a pizza dough recipe and went with it.  My 7 year old want to help make the pizza and ended up getting the sauce all over and didn't leave a perimeter crust.  I cooked it that way and I ended up being inspired.  It reminded me of my favorite pizza place that I went to as a kid.  Happy Joes!  Then I read on here that Happy Joes is a spin off of Shakey's Pizza which appears to be a legend.

So I am working on developing my pizza and modeling the pizza that I loved at Happy Joes.  I have been been happy with my original dough recipe.  I use a roller and roll it flat.  Then apply my tomato paste sauce that I have been developing.  I apply it over the entire edge of the pizza.  That allows the sauce to get a little black during the bake and adds somewhat of a unique characteristic that reminded me of Happy Joes.  Also with the classic Pepperoni, apply it last to allow it to crisp up while cooking.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:19:47 PM by Sprintfan »

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:59:25 PM »
As you can probably see on some above pictures.  I'm placing my rolled out pizza dough on parchment paper.  I am trimming these to minimize the paper from burning, and putting the pizza in the oven on it.  After about 1.5 to 2 minutes, I take out the pizza to rotate and remove the paper.

The second picture shows the pizza setting on the parchment paper.  The 3rd picture is after the parchment paper has been removed.

The pictures also show the dual stone design that seems to allow for even stone temperature for the cooking surface.

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »
I like that the Pizza Que is so small, portable and can be packed away when not using.  So far I have placed in on top of a plastic recycling bin with a 1/4 plywood to create a level surface.  I was worried about a fire hazard with either the plastic or wood.  As it turns out, there is very little to no heat below the oven.  When I place my hand below the oven, I don't feel any heat.

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 11:12:41 PM »
Here are some photos of the finished product.  Sounds like this would be considered a cracker crust pizza......correct me if I'm wrong.  In the end, it is really good.  Thanks to my little investment in the PizzaQue oven.  One more note.  It is amazing how when the pizza is cooking, my garage smells like a pizzeria.  I credit this to the higher temperature.

BTW.....the cook time for these pizzas were around 5 minutes.  Rotated twice......first at 2 minutes (and removed parchment paper) and again around 4 minute mark.

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 01:08:51 AM »
Those look tasty!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:37 AM »
Unless I missed it, what is the largest size pizza that these units can make?

Peter

Offline Davydd

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »
I make about 220 gram dough balls and stretch out to about 12" diameter for my PizzaQue. The stone is about 16" and you should be able to max out at about 14". You do need to turn the pizza similar to doing so in a wood fired oven since the hottest flame source is in the back away from the opening. So to turn the pizza a personal size 12" works best I think.

I'll have to check out that door but I kind of like watching and turning the pizza.

The PizzaQue and Pronto used to be almost identical except for label but they did differentiate them about a year ago in design to make the Pronto sell at a cheaper price point. I have no idea if the outcomes are any different.
Davydd

Offline Sprintfan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Below are pictures showing the size of my Que for both the opening and the actual stone.  Like DavyDD, I prefer to make my pizzas a little smaller that way for me they are easier to handle.  Maybe as my experience and bravery increases, I will make them larger.

I'm curios if the Pronto or the prior version of the PizzaQue is any bigger or smaller?

Summary
Opening is 13.5"
Stone is 14"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:35:05 PM by Sprintfan »

Offline Davydd

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 05:07:19 PM »
My mistake in overstating. It is more like 16" overall. No, the size has not changed.

Davydd