Author Topic: Whey dough for a pizza from the Stracchino cheese  (Read 351 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Whey dough for a pizza from the Stracchino cheese
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
I used some of the whey leftover from the Stracchino cheese I made to make a pizza dough.  The dough was mixed on Monday morning using the formulation in the one photo.  The mixing of that dough is also in the photos.  The whey was used to replace all of the water in the formulation.

The dough ball opened very easily.  The crust did bake well with no use of a screen needed, and although the final crust did turn out well in terms of color of the rim crust and bottom crust, the sauce, cheese and pepperoni that was used didn't blend well together.  I don't know what was up with that combinations of dressing that didn't work well.

What I found interesting about the bottom crust is that as it cooled and got cold it became more crisp, even though it sat on a pizza pan while it was cooling.

I am getting frustrated with my dough balls lately in how they open.  :( At least this was a very easy dough ball to open.  I have no idea why my normal dough balls are so hard to open.  I used the delayed oil mixing method on this whey dough.  This dough ball did develop a huge bubble from sitting out at room temperature too long, but it still was nice when opening the dough ball.  Mondako flour was the flour that was used in this formulation.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Whey dough for a pizza from the Stracchino cheese
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:36:26 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Whey dough for a pizza from the Stracchino cheese
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
Norma