Author Topic: New equipment=new dough woes  (Read 678 times)

Offline PizzaDudeChina

• Beijings Biggest and Best Pizza!
    • Kros Nest Pizzeria
New equipment=new dough woes
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »
Having just purchased the Sottoriva ASR Dough rounder and Sottoriva Dough divider-Automatic piston driven dough divider I have this question or dilemma as you may see it..............
 I join this forum in the hopes that someone else who uses the sottoriva equipment might lend some insight into creating the quality of a hand rolled dough ball.  We currently have only run a couple of tests on the dough and are not as yet happy with the outcome.  We will begin with the basics, adjusting the recipe up and down in small increments to hopefully gain the desired product.  At this time I can tell you that the dough is severely striated and the balls are coming out very lopsided.  When viewing the video prior to the purchase of this equipment, the balls did not appear to have these issues and the chinese representatives are proving less than capable to offer suggestions on rectifying the issue.  It seems to me that the speed of the machine is a little rambunctious for the delicate nature of forming a really beautiful and perfect doughball.  And due to the striations the dough will not function in the hand tossed manner we currently produce our pizzas in.  At this time we are looking to produce a 750gm, 1150gm and 1700gm doughballs, our small-18" medium-23" and large-28" or monster as the guests call it.  I am available anytime and I will check this forum and copy paste the problem in the dough and machinery forums as well.  Thanks to any suggestions that might help us shorten the time we will take to complete our tasks.   Marty
I feel like the Dunkin Doughnuts guy, Time to make the Pizza, I made the pizza!

Offline scott123

Re: New equipment=new dough woes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:13:43 AM »
As far as I know, no one here uses a dough rounder.  That being said, I did find this:

http://www.sottoriva.com/a_ENG_313_1.html

Adjustable channels in order to round dough from about 30 g to 1400 g

1400 g is the maximum capacity. If you're trying to push 1700 through it, that could be the issue.

If you're having issues with smaller doughball sizes, then I think you should contact Sottoriva directly.

Their number for technical assistance can be found here:

http://www.sottoriva.com/a_ENG_15_1.html

Besides the supply of spare parts our technicians are able to give every type of advice in order to use our products in the best way.

The number is in Italy. If there is a language issue, you might try contacting Sottoriva America.

http://www.sottoriva.com/a_ENG_312_1.html

If you do strike out with Sottoriva, I think you can get some help here, perhaps after taking a photo, or, more preferably a video of the failed doughballs as well as describing your dough process/formula and flour specs.  But I would talk to Sottoriva first.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:17:09 AM by scott123 »

Offline PizzaDudeChina

• Beijings Biggest and Best Pizza!
    • Kros Nest Pizzeria
Re: New equipment=new dough woes
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
Cool, I have already sent emails to both Italy and America but have yet to receive a reply, I will send a further message when tests begin tomorrow.  I will get video posted after we have tried ourselves if we are not able to attain the desired product and look to this group of professionals for suggestions, thanks for the post and hope that we can get this machinery working in the manner is supposed to.

Marty
I feel like the Dunkin Doughnuts guy, Time to make the Pizza, I made the pizza!