Author Topic: BS bummer  (Read 1536 times)

Offline live4u

• Supporting Member
  • Pizzaaaa Pizzaaaa Pizzaaaa
BS bummer
« on: May 12, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »
I guess one shouldnt wait with lot of expectations. Today I received the BS oven that I placed with BBB. I eagerly came home work and opened it to assemble. When I took out the top dome from the package, I saw lot of scratches, then I saw another part bent, then the biggest bummer is one of the stones is broken. I put the packaging back and waiting for BBB to take it back. I am totally  :'( and angry. The pics speak for themselves now. The good part is they are sending the new one by fedex express which is 2-3 biz days and I am hoping it will be here by saturday.

Offline barryvabeach

Re: BS bummer
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:32:36 PM »
Sorry to hear.  Did the outside of the box look all beat up, or did it look like a packaging issue.  When they first came out the packaging was very poorly thought out,  the next year I got a boxed one and they had done a much better job in packaging.

Offline caymus

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »
Many of us experience these issues about 2 years ago.  I would have thought that the packaging would have been improved by now. Mine came intact in 2013, but it was missing all of the knobs, bolts wheels etc.

Offline live4u

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »
Sorry to hear.  Did the outside of the box look all beat up, or did it look like a packaging issue.  When they first came out the packaging was very poorly thought out,  the next year I got a boxed one and they had done a much better job in packaging.

Packaging looked ok with Styrofoam. The first suspicion was when the dome inner had the scratches. Outside was looking good but the tape was resealed.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »
You can use it with a broken stone. Seems like BS has been pretty good about replacing all the broken and damaged parts - and there have been A LOT of them. I'd call BS before I sent it back. At least this way you can use it in the interim. Who know how long it will take if you send it back and wait for a new one. At a minimum will BBB deliver a replacement when they pick this one up?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline live4u

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:26 PM »
You can use it with a broken stone. Seems like BS has been pretty good about replacing all the broken and damaged parts - and there have been A LOT of them. I'd call BS before I sent it back. At least this way you can use it in the interim. Who know how long it will take if you send it back and wait for a new one. At a minimum will BBB deliver a replacement when they pick this one up?

Yes BBB is sending a new one already with 2-3 days delivery time. Hope I can will receive it by Saturday for pizza party ;) I didnt go to BS as its delivered by BBB.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »
I don't think it matters who shipped it. It's BS's crappy packaging that is the problem. They do seem to be good when it comes to standing behind it though. If the next one has a broken stone but is otherwise OK, you might be better off just having BS send you a stone rather than going on another spin of the merry go round with BBB hoping for the best.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline live4u

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »
I don't think it matters who shipped it. It's BS's crappy packaging that is the problem. They do seem to be good when it comes to standing behind it though. If the next one has a broken stone but is otherwise OK, you might be better off just having BS send you a stone rather than going on another spin of the merry go round with BBB hoping for the best.

Makes sense. I am thinking to hold the current one till the other one comes , take the stone which is not broken from the current BS (if the new BS sent has a broken stone).

I should be able to mix n match the stones right?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
I would think so.

Offline caymus

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:29:54 AM »
I should be able to mix n match the stones right?

The top and bottom stones are different, so hopefully only one of each would be broken.

wordpress