Author Topic: It's been a while.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: It's been a while.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
David I would like to see your pictures with and without pizza.   It might encourage me to go on a diet as well.
Chau,

If David does that, do you think it will be wise to have to have the children leave the room? :-D

Peter

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »
Peter it might be good to not withhold the truth from the children.  This is your body...this is your body on pizza...any questions?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »
Peter it might be good to not withhold the truth from the children.  This is your body...this is your body on pizza...any questions?

Chau,

:-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
Norma I take it you remember the anti-drug commercials from the 80's.   :P

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »
Here they are.

First two were from Feb, 28 2012 at 247lbs. Last 3 were from last week at 168lbs.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
Wow David !  Very impressive for a year and 4 months.  What program of eating and working out did you follow?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
Wow David !  Very impressive for a year and 4 months.  What program of eating and working out did you follow?

For about the first 6 months I did the whole "clean eating" thing where is was oat, chicken, broccoli, turkey, lean red meat, blueberries, strawberries and so on. But honestly if you do that long enough you get bored and start to want to "cheat". In those 6 months I got down to about 220lbs. So I started doing some more research and found "Flexible Dieting" also called "If It Fits Your Macros"(IIFYM) and started doing that. With Flexible Dieting you find out what your macronutrients are supposed to be(protein, carbs, fat) after you figure that out you can basically eat whatever you want and as long as you hit those numbers and are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight or if you are bulking you go into a caloric surplus and gain weight. And I mean anything I want to eat I can as long as it fits into my macros. I can post pictures of things I eat everyday and you would think I was lying that there is no way you can lose weight eating that.

I actually mentioned this here a little while back in a post about someone trying to lose weight and they some people scoffed at me but I shrugged it off because people are brainwashed to believe a certain thing about losing weight.

Anyways I did that myself until January and got down to 206 pounds. But that last month or two I kept plateauing and losing weight little by little and thats when I decided to hire a coach(not to be mistaken with a personal trainer at some gym) and thats when I really saw the weight lose/muscle gain and got to where I am now. I started with him on January 7th.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:58:48 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
That is really awesome.  I'm thrilled for you David.  Thanks for sharing the IIFYM program.  I will definitely check it out.  What type of a coach did you get amd how specifically did he help you?   You are inspirational.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
Norma I take it you remember the anti-drug commercials from the 80's.   :P

Chau,

Yes I do!

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
For about the first 6 months I did the whole "clean eating" thing where is was oat, chicken, broccoli, turkey, lean red meat, blueberries, strawberries and so on. But honestly if you do that long enough you get bored and start to want to "cheat". In those 6 months I got down to about 220lbs. So I started doing some more research and found "Flexible Dieting" also called "If It Fits Your Macros"(IIFYM) and started doing that. With Flexible Dieting you find out what your macronutrients are supposed to be(protein, carbs, fat) after you figure that out you can basically eat whatever you want and as long as you hit those numbers and are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight or if you are bulking you go into a caloric surplus and gain weight. And I mean anything I want to eat I can as long as it fits into my macros. I can post pictures of things I eat everyday and you would think I was lying that there is no way you can lose weight eating that.

I actually mentioned this here a little while back in a post about someone trying to lose weight and they some people scoffed at me but I shrugged it off because people are brainwashed to believe a certain thing about losing weight.

Anyways I did that myself until January and got down to 206 pounds. But that last month or two I kept plateauing and losing weight little by little and thats when I decided to hire a coach(not to be mistaken with a personal trainer at some gym) and thats when I really saw the weight lose/muscle gain and got to where I am now. I started with him on January 7th.

David,

Great job all around!   ;D

Norma

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
That is really awesome.  I'm thrilled for you David.  Thanks for sharing the IIFYM program.  I will definitely check it out.  What type of a coach did you get amd how specifically did he help you?   You are inspirational.

He's a bodybuilding coach. He does exactly what I was doing just fine tuning my macros and training. I was actually surprised when I got my first weeks numbers because I wasnt that far off. But depending on your weekly progress your numbers will change either higher or lower. It's also important you get your micro(nutrients) in as well; fiber, vitamins and minerals.

That was my breakfast last week. Homemade waffle sticks(there are about 4-5 missing from the picture because I couldn't resist eating them) with Trader Joes cookie butter on top with 10 egg whites, 250g strawberries, 100g bananas, 1 serving of kashi go lean and 150g of sugar free cheesecake pudding.

The second picture is hands down my number go to snack. I ate 2 boxes the other day.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
David, looking at your breakfast it almost seems worth it!  ;D.  How inspiring!   Funny enough, my kids love those little cookies too.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
David, looking at your breakfast it almost seems worth it!  ;D.  How inspiring!   Funny enough, my kids love those little cookies too.
The cookies are the best. Every time I go to the Korean market I get both the to go and family box.

Lol here's my snack drawer from a little while back. It's gotten a lot bigger since then.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:43:23 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Wow!  I don't know which one I'm impressed more with - your pizzas or your body!  I will check out that diet!