Author Topic: Domino's Pizza making some changes  (Read 1694 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Domino's Pizza making some changes
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:10:20 AM »
Not that I want a Domino's pizza, however,  i found the Ad mailer that I got in today's mail, very interesting. It seems that even Domino's is realizing that people want better pizza.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: Domino's Pizza making some changes
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:10:44 AM »
pic 2

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »
pic 3

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:19:57 AM »
I wonder what they mean by Brooklyn Style Crust? Are they making their version of a NY Style pizza???

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 06:36:33 AM »
Tom,

The Domino's Brooklyn style pizza has been around for several years. According to the Adam Kuban 2006 Slice article at http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2006/10/dominos-brooklyn-style-pizza.html, the dough for the Brooklyn style pizza is the same dough as used for their regular hand tossed dough but formed into a thinner skin. You can see the ingredients for the Domino's hand tossed dough on page 4 at http://cache.dominos.com/homev8/docs/menu/dominos_nutrition_v2.21.00.pdf.

Peter

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
Thanks Peter,

I have not been to Domino's Pizza in years.  I like that they are trying to improve the recipe. At least that I what I got from reading  the AD.

TomN

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Thanks Peter,

I have not been to Domino's Pizza in years.  I like that they are trying to improve the recipe. At least that I what I got from reading  the AD.

TomN

We tried Dominos in 2010 after they changed their recipes.  http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2009-12-16-dominos16_ST_N.htm. It had been solid 10 years + since I'd ordered from them. We were sold on the new formulas and still order them for Family Movie Night every few months. At the price point it's hard to beat. It's overly salty.. it's not real cheese.. it's stingy on toppings.. but it's a balanced albeit highly seasoned product that the kids and adults enjoy. If you go pick something up there try the new Pan style. It's greasy but it's pretty tasty junk food.