Author Topic: This is crazy. Only in NYC.  (Read 473 times)

Offline TXCraig1

This is crazy. Only in NYC.
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:47:58 PM »
NYC government doesn't want you to be able to go into a McDonalds and buy a big coke, food with trans fats, or salty french fries, but if you refuse to take your kid to McDonalds they call you an "unfit parent" try to take him away from you? Go figure.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/psychologist-called-dad-unfit-parent-for-refusing-son-mcdonalds-suit/
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline dhorst

Re: This is crazy. Only in NYC.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
For heaven's sake!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:45:37 AM by dhorst »

Offline akuban

• Supporting Member
  • Crusty, saucy, cheesy
    • Margot's Pizza
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »
I think you may have misread the story, Craig. The City of New York is not calling the father an unfit parent, nor is the city trying to take the child away and place him in protective custody or some such—it's the ex-wife's lawyer, trying to tarnish the dad in any desperate way he can so as to win the mother sole custody. FWIU custody cases can get pretty nasty, and that's not limited to New York. This could easily have happened in NYC, Kansas City, or in Houston.
ˇHasta la pizza!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:11:54 PM »
I think you may have misread the story, Craig. The City of New York is not calling the father an unfit parent, nor is the city trying to take the child away and place him in protective custody or some such—it's the ex-wife's lawyer, trying to tarnish the dad in any desperate way he can so as to win the mother sole custody. FWIU custody cases can get pretty nasty, and that's not limited to New York. This could easily have happened in NYC, Kansas City, or in Houston.

"a court-appointed shrink ... telling the judge deciding a custody battle with his estranged wife that he was an unfit parent."

It sounds like this is coming from an agent of the court - not the parties, but you're right, if such a determination is made, it will not be the City of New York calling the father unfit; it will be the State of NY saying it.

And you're also right, it could happen anywhere, but it is happening in NY, and the irony is simply too rich not to enjoy.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline akuban

• Supporting Member
  • Crusty, saucy, cheesy
    • Margot's Pizza
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »
Hahahah. Yeah, I know. The irony is noted.
ˇHasta la pizza!

pizzapan