Author Topic: Ohio’s only certified neapolitan pizzeria w/pics  (Read 5043 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Ohio’s only certified neapolitan pizzeria w/pics
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
I like their website. Wish i could try their pizza.

TomN

http://5thstreetpub.com/

Is that their real website? It doesn't have a real address or phone number. Strange.

Offline redox

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Is that their real website? It doesn't have a real address or phone number. Strange.
Directly under the large pic of the pizza is the ph. no. and a button to make an online reservation. Can't verify the number, I didn't use it, we just walked in to a nearly empty place. We were pretty early though, anticipating that local news coverage would lead to crowds.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »
@redox- ya I see it. It's not a real number is all. There are 11 digits. If you look in the top right the address is fake too. That's what confused me earlier. I did a search and figured out why. It is just a basic template they are using that many other companies seem to be using too. That is the default fake info put in until the owner/designer puts in the correct info. I wonder if they know?

Offline redox

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:18 PM »
Hi Jay:  Being a school teacher I am off for the summer and this is my best time for us to get together.  I have keys to the room and am allowed to come and go as I chose.   I need a few days notice to get the dough ready and or you can bring some of yours.  Our stock is low so it would be best to bring your own toppings.  I use 7/11 ground tomatoes and can get those for you too if you like.   I have 3-4 loaves of mozz and about 1/2 loaf of provolone as of today.    I will make some sauce and if you like we can compare doughs and sauces or just use mine.    The price today is $2.90/lb for the whole milk and the provolone is $3.15/lb.   Here are the ovens we use.  They are 1970's blodgett 1000's.  They are the oven I was taught on back in NJ and I feel they are the best for making a NY style pie.  Anyway, we can have some fun!
Walter,
That sounds great and man what a price on the mozz! I really want to do this but it can't be till a bit later this summer, if that's ok. We recently acquired a 1 1/2 year old rescue dog and are trying to train out some kinks in her behavior. I don't think she was well treated at her previous home. We can't bring her along and still go shopping and dining and I'm reluctant to leave her in a kennel since one of her problems is "abandonment issues." We're working with a trainer and hopefully we can undo some problems due to bad or cruel treatment by her previous owners. So hopefully in a few weeks, if that will work for you.
I understand that you'd be low on toppings over the summer and will be happy to bring what is needed to make some great pizza.

Offline redox

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »
@redox- ya I see it. It's not a real number is all. There are 11 digits. If you look in the top right the address is fake too. That's what confused me earlier. I did a search and figured out why. It is just a basic template they are using that many other companies seem to be using too. That is the default fake info put in until the owner/designer puts in the correct info. I wonder if they know?
Oh for Pete's sake, I saw the number but didn't really look at it. D'oh! That must be confusing potential diners.  ;D

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »
Walter,
That sounds great and man what a price on the mozz! I really want to do this but it can't be till a bit later this summer, if that's ok. We recently acquired a 1 1/2 year old rescue dog and are trying to train out some kinks in her behavior. I don't think she was well treated at her previous home. We can't bring her along and still go shopping and dining and I'm reluctant to leave her in a kennel since one of her problems is "abandonment issues." We're working with a trainer and hopefully we can undo some problems due to bad or cruel treatment by her previous owners. So hopefully in a few weeks, if that will work for you.
I understand that you'd be low on toppings over the summer and will be happy to bring what is needed to make some great pizza.

Hi Jay:  We are dog rescue people as well so I understand you.  We have 2 right now and don't travel unless they come along.  I wish I could let your pup in the kitchen but if the board of health inspector happens by I am in deep trouble.   I go back to work around Aug 12th so anytime between now and then is good.  Walter
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:29:46 PM by waltertore »
Smiling With Hope Pizza- pizza with a social cause fundraiser
http://www.gofundme.com/g87yzjvm7y

Offline dhorst

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
Well, over on SE, it looks like Kenji is making a cross country road trip and is looking for recommendations for eats along the way.  It looks like his first stop is Bryan, OH.  I suggested that he stop at 5th Street Pub or Lorenzo's along the way.  If he does, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »
Tell Kenji He can get Mid west   AND Neapolitan style on sundays at Lorenzos dont miss it ! But dont think youll find Pecorino Roamano?  on Larrys Neapolitan
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline dhorst

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »
Tell Kenji He can get Mid west   AND Neapolitan style on sundays at Lorenzos dont miss it ! But dont think youll find Pecorino Roamano?  on Larrys Neapolitan
John

Will do!  Sigh...another place to put on the pizza destination map.  That sigh came from the family, btw. ;)  John, I hope to meet you in New Haven next week.

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »
Well, over on SE, it looks like Kenji is making a cross country road trip and is looking for recommendations for eats along the way.  It looks like his first stop is Bryan, OH.  I suggested that he stop at 5th Street Pub or Lorenzo's along the way.  If he does, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Do you have a link to this at SE?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline redox

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
I seconded your recommendation, you'd better hope he likes it.  >:D

Offline TomN

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »
John

Hi JConk007,

I have my ingredients to try making a Margherita pizza at home. What does the shaved Pecorino Roamano do for the taste of the pizza? Thanks

TomN

Offline dhorst

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »
Okay, you guys already found it.  Sorry, dinner time with the guys.  But I did respond to the car wash comment.  Well and I did include a big diesel truck. :-D
http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2013/08/headed-cross-country-need-suggestions.html

pizzapan