Author Topic: Trying to have a similar taste for a Papa John's Garlic Sauce, but not cloned  (Read 12842 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Norma,

You are getting extremely close to the real deal.  One difference I see though is the excessive butter/grease laying on top of the cheese.  I would try dialing it back to 1.2oz or so.  Other than that you've made grt progress :).  I think u may have my attempt beat.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Norma,

You are getting extremely close to the real deal.  One difference I see though is the excessive butter/grease laying on top of the cheese.  I would try dialing it back to 1.2oz or so.  Other than that you've made grt progress :).  I think u may have my attempt beat.

Nate

Nate,

I guess you saw on my last two attempts I didn't use the PJ's dough and just used my own regular doughs.  I also used Foremost Farms LMPS mozzarella that was in a loaf.  For the second attempt on Tuesday I did use white cheddar which has a higher fat content.  I think that might be why you see excessive/butter grease laying on top of the cheese.  Maybe we added to much of my garlic sauce too.  I also made 14 cheesestick pizzas on Tuesday.  Do you really think that 1.2 oz. would be enough cheese for that size cheesestick pizza.

I sure don't have your attempt at PJ cheesesticks beat.  Your looks so delicious.  ;D

Norm
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Nate,

I guess you saw on my last two attempts I didn't use the PJ's dough and just used my own regular doughs.  I also used Foremost Farms LMPS mozzarella that was in a loaf.  For the second attempt on Tuesday I did use white cheddar which has a higher fat content.  I think that might be why you see excessive/butter grease laying on top of the cheese.  Maybe we added to much of my garlic sauce too.  I also made 14 cheesestick pizzas on Tuesday.  Do you really think that 1.2 oz. would be enough cheese for that size cheesestick pizza.

I sure don't have your attempt at PJ cheesesticks beat.  Your looks so delicious.  ;D

Norm

Norma,

I meant 1.2oz of the butter sauce.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma,

I meant 1.2oz of the butter sauce.

Nate,

Okay I see what you mean.  I really wonder if 1.2 oz. of garlic sauce would be enough for that size of pizza.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
I just used another one of my dough balls for the experiment on the cheesesticks this week.  I tasted the garlic sauce I made last week and it tasted okay, so that is what was used this week.  I decided to roll the dough in a rectangle instead of round this week. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma

pizzapan