Author Topic: Bay Area Neopolitan  (Read 3800 times)

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Bay Area Neopolitan
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »
Hey Larry.. looks awesome...  I changed my everyday routine to... 64% water ..1.8-2% salt ...3% starter  2 hours after feeding. Mix all together and whisk salt into water before adding. I mix now for 10 minutes on low and 10 rest. 10 minutes on low and dump on counter. A little kneading  and let rest covered in plastic wrap for a hour. usually rises over a quarter . Then a couple stench and folds and ball a bit. Into floured container. No oil. 24 bulk 24 ball. use one water bottle only for 24 hours. Pull out at about 5:00 the night of firing and fire 2 hours later. i usually make 270 balls and 6 of them...It been working of me... 

Thx Chris   ;D

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 01:04:11 AM »
Thanks Chris. I rarely make more than 1-2 pizzas at a time, but probably do a bigger gathering sometime before Christmas.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
Thanks Chris. I rarely make more than 1-2 pizzas at a time, but probably do a bigger gathering sometime before Christmas.

Its more about workflow..It lets you gage the fire and how pies are cooking...2 pies are tough to tell... different and more toppings effect the way the pie is cooking . At the very least do 4... I have a few kids but this last weekend was me the wife and mother inlaw...I had 5 pies left over that got eaten over the course weekend...   ;D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 02:46:26 PM »
 ^^^ on all fronts take out the "blackstone" word and I am a believer that this is professionally produced!
looks great  you are hand mixing correct ? loving  the light small leoparding !
keep em comin!!
JOhn
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »
^^^ on all fronts take out the "blackstone" word and I am a believer that this is professionally produced!
looks great  you are hand mixing correct ? loving  the light small leoparding !
keep em comin!!
JOhn

John, thanks so much! That means a lot coming from you. I've followed your entire thread on your mobile business and your pies are a huge inspiration for me.

I have a Kitchenaid mixer I use when I'm doing bigger dough batches/parties but for now I've gone back to hand mixing just to get a feel for the dough, and doing smaller quantities (1-2 pizzas) isn't ideal for the KA anyway.

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »
A couple from last weekend:

Dough was 276g balls, 24 hours bulk, #1 24 hours balled/#2 48+ hours balled. 100% Caputo "00"/67% Spring Water/3% Kosher Salt/5% Camaldoli

#1 is Chanterelles with Mozzarella di Bufala and Gremolata. The mushrooms were sauteed in butter with shallots and garlic. I thought this dough was under-risen but it opened and sprung beautifully, probably my best crust to date. It was soft and pillowy with the slightest firm skin on the outside.

#2 got delayed since unfortunately we had to take a pet to the emergency room, which didn't end well. The dough was a little overblown but I managed to work it with no tearing. Toppings were leeks and red onions sauteed with garlic, Mozzarella di Bufala, EVOO, Piave, and chopped pistachios.

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:33 AM »

the Blackstone performs so well it's causing my wife to question the need for a brick oven at all.......

This needed a little more sauce. I guess no cheese needs to be compensated with a little more sauce...

Dilemma! You should not have produced such beautiful pizza's And let the Wife know About them>:D

What if You still allowed to build Your WFO, Then you are obliged, if not expected to outperform Your current bakes! :chef:

Congrats on the BS and hope to Your future pies from A WFO

PS Nice name for A girl:Romona I geuss You mean: Romano

Greetings from Amsterdam,
Case.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:06:55 AM by Neopolitan »

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
Did not read Your last comment,

before I commented on Your previous post...
I'm sorry to hear About Your pet.
Hope You all are fine.

Case

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2014, 06:42:35 AM »
Awesome job Moto.. They look great... :drool:   Very sorry to here about your pet..  Mine has had all brests removed because of lumps. Its really a bad experience as they are part of the family..   :(

All the best Chris

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
Really nice pies Larry.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
Super stuff happening here.

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments and the well-wishes.

Unfortunately for our cat he was suffering from a massively enlarged heart. It's a horribly ironic metaphor because he loved every person and animal he ever met. Only 6 years old and they say the problem was likely genetic. It's a shock to us because he seemed fine and was totally himself and within 24 hours he's suffering horribly and the vet says there's nothing we could do for him. We brought him home to comfort him in his final days, and he went downhill fast.  :'(

pizzapan