Author Topic: Looking for different topping combo's for a private pizza party.  (Read 1033 times)

Offline rodeo

I have a 2stone pizza oven and have made many 100's of pizza with it, but now doing a private party and would like some different topping combo's.  Different sauces (not tomato) and cheese (mozzarella ) are a plus.  Will try anything once. Thanks Rodeo

Offline trosenberg

• Lifetime Member
  • Burning Desire for Pizza
Re: Looking for different topping combo's for a private pizza party.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:44 AM »
A popular one at my parties is some of your favorite cheese topped with very thinly sliced potatoes and thinly sliced leeks, a few leaves of fresh sage, drizzled with evoo, generous salt & pepper.   
Trosenberg

Offline derricktung

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »
Craig has a jalapeno sauce around here that gets great praise...

I've recently made a cashew pesto that was a pretty big hit with customers.  http://www.food.com/recipe/cashew-basil-pesto-377037

BBQ sauce as a base is actually pretty tasty as well.

If you decide to go an Asian spin route for pizza topping, there's a lot of sauces that play well with the right ingredients...

Hoisin Sauce
GochuJang (Korean hot sauce)
Sriracha
Instead of tomato as a base, a popular option is to go with olive oil (potentially flavored olive oil) and use mozz to create a white base

There's a few folks here that use bechamel as a base as well.

Hopefully that will provide some ideas?

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »
I make this pizza often. I rost the chicken on the grill before I break it into pieces that will be cover by Stubbs BBQ sauce and cheese.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17385.msg171014.html#msg171014

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member

Offline dhorst

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
I've done a seafood pizza that's gotten some great reviews.  I start by peeling some shrimp and par cooking them very gently in a bit of olive oil, butter and Aleppo and s&p. Once about 1/2 way done, I remove the shrimp and chill them in the freezer, so they won't overcook on the pizza once in the oven.  I then add the shrimp shells and some minced shallots in the pan with the remaining oil/butter/seasoning, once again very gently--I don't want the shallots to gain color.  You can add garlic if you like.  After the shallots have sweated down and become translucent, I add some champagne and reduce it down to a glaze and then add some heavy cream and reduce it by half.  Adjust the seasoning, strain through a sieve and then use the champagne cream sauce for your pizza.  Top with cheese of your choice--very sparingly and then add the chilled shrimp.  About half way through baking I add some crab meat.  Post oven a sprinkle of parsley and a drizzle of lemon or some lemon dressed arugula. 

Another one that got some great reviews--The English Beast.  Very rare roast beef that was simply seasoned with garlic, thyme and s&p.  Garlic olive oil on the base, a mixture of fresh mozzarella and sharp cheddar and the roast beef.  Topped post oven with arugula and horseradish crème fraiche.  Yes I love arugula.

The Havana.  Basil/mint lime pesto, mojito marinated chicken, fresh mozzarella, tomato slices and diced jalapeno.

The Diner--garlic olive oil, fresh mozzarella and a bit of cheddar topped with a whole egg near the end and then topped with bacon jam post oven.

There's a few for you.  Let me think and I'll come up with some more odd ball, but really great specials I've done in the past.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:55:00 PM by dhorst »

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
Olive oil
Chopped garlic
Spicy Italian sausage
Peppadew peppers

or

Tom Lehmann's Fresh Tomato Pizza
Olive oil,
Diced garlic
Fresh basil leaves
Slices of ripe tomato
Cheese and desired toppings.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 07:48:52 PM »
Veto's Pizza has a few great looking toppings. Particularly the Pesto Pizza.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/07/vitos-pizza-in-los-angeles-ca.html

Offline adm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
Hoisin sauce instead of tomato
DOP Buffalo Mozz
Crispy fried duck ( a little undercooked so the pizza oven just finishes it off)
Scallions
Arugula
EVOO
Shaved parmesan
Aleppo chilli

All in moderation of course....

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
rodeo, you can always go on slice.seriouseats.com and get some great ideas from their My Pie Monday postings. I bet you will find something on there that you will like.
Chaz

pizzapan