Author Topic: Flour Storage  (Read 1168 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
Flour Storage
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »
I needed some storage for flour and was at home depot and saw these lids I had never seen before. I mean maybe they've been around 100 years and I've just never seen them because I never needed one, but I thought they were super cool. Just a recommendation if anyone needs flour or other storage. I however haven't put it through the wringer yet so I don't know about years of use, but they seem nice.

http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/Gamma-Seal-Bucket-Lids?gdftrk=gdfV21874_a_7c241_a_7c6113_a_7cGSL_d_BK&gclid=CMHi2KSq77cCFeU5QgodaAwAfQ

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
Re: Flour Storage
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:15 AM »
So it makes any (food-safe) 5-gallon bucket into a Vittles Vault.  Cool.  I've used the Vaults for years for pet food and horse feed:  http://www.gamma2.net/  Never thought about using them for flour storage, but it's a good idea.  Better than what I'm using now, for sure  :-X

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:46:44 AM »
So it makes any (food-safe) 5-gallon bucket into a Vittles Vault.  Cool.  I've used the Vaults for years for pet food and horse feed:  http://www.gamma2.net/  Never thought about using them for flour storage, but it's a good idea.  Better than what I'm using now, for sure  :-X

Oh that's neat you have been using them. The food safe 5 gallon bucket was $3.50 at Home depot. The lid cost almost 2x as much haha.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:40 AM »
Jeff,  I bought gamma seal lids on line years ago and use them for storage of wheat berries.  What department  did you find them in Home Depot, I can always use a few more ?   

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
Jeff,  I bought gamma seal lids on line years ago and use them for storage of wheat berries.  What department  did you find them in Home Depot, I can always use a few more ?

They were next to the paint section with the 5 gallon buckets. First the guy told me the 5 gallon buckets were on the end caps because that is where all the cheap home depot ones are. I had to ask where the white ones were and then lids were located in the same place.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »
Jeff, thanks, I will check by HD tomorrow.  I go there pretty frequently, and know where most stuff is located, but didn't look forward to walking throughout the entire store.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
Jeff,  thanks,  I picked up a few lids.  I searched the paint isle pretty well before I found them, they were in an unmarked box, and the product label is on the bottom of the lid, so they were hard to find.  Barry.

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
Hey glad you found them. FYI I picked up a second one and it doesn't fit tight. It moves around loosely and doesn't keep an airtight seal. So make sure they fit well. I will have to return mine. I'm glad I didn't get the bad one first or I would have thought they sucked.