Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 719 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Facebook
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »
If you're a Facebook user, please visit (and "like") the official PizzaMaking.com Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/PizzaMaking

See you there!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:24:28 PM »
Bump!

We have over 24,000 members here and only 142 "likes" on Facebook. We can do better than that!  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline petef

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:08:18 AM »
Bump!

We have over 24,000 members here and only 142 "likes" on Facebook. We can do better than that!  :)

Yes, we could do better than 142 likes, but why would we? I'm on FB daily, but it's just to communicate with my friends. I never use FB for things like tech support or seeking a business service or seeking detailed info such as we have here at pizzamaking.com.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what does FB do better than pizzamaking.com ?
What would be the advantage of using FB instead of the forum?

---pete---

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:22:09 AM »
I liked it back with the original post but have to admit I haven't thought much about it, I have seen you post some articles, etc.  but we should probably be posting some pictures of pizzas that we have made!  I'll do it next time I make one

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »
Yes, we could do better than 142 likes, but why would we? I'm on FB daily, but it's just to communicate with my friends. I never use FB for things like tech support or seeking a business service or seeking detailed info such as we have here at pizzamaking.com.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what does FB do better than pizzamaking.com ?
What would be the advantage of using FB instead of the forum?

---pete---

It's not better than the forum, nor will it replace the forum. But it may help spread the word about the forum. When you "like" articles on FB, your friends will see the "like" and perhaps investigate the page... which will lead them here.  :)

Offline jsfotografie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:34 AM »
nice me like:D :chef:

Offline Davydd

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:17:34 AM »
I liked it.  :)

Facebook gives a forum more exposure on a wild west Internet. Pizza Making is set up as a Page to dovetail back and promote an independent website. There are other methods such as Groups that are more interactive and act somewhat like a forum though there are little in tools to organize a Group. Groups kind of compete with Yahoo Groups, Google+ and are similar to the old Usenet Groups. If you have an interest that is narrow or obscure you most likely can find it. Pizza is not like that but surprisingly there is little about pizza on Facebook.

I created a Group 6 years ago called Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches on Facebook because, quite frankly, it has very limited appeal and could never be an independent website. It has grown to 1,500 members.
Davydd

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:29 AM »
Steve, perhaps many members here, including me, do not participate in FB or other social media. There are many reasons why I choose not to, but for someone who does, you can add my "like".

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:10:16 PM »
It's a great idea. I didn't think of friending as I use the forum more than FB. Totally agree it could drive up exposure and sponsorship, "from viewers like me" as the local PBS affiliate would say  ;)!
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

pizzapan