Author Topic: Curd On Pizza  (Read 964 times)

Offline pt

Curd On Pizza
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
Has anyone use straight curd seasoned with salt on their pizza.  If so did you like the taste and texture?  I believe some pizza restaurants do this.

Offline HAMnEGGr

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Curd On Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
I live in Cheese Curd land, good ol' Wisconsin.  I have an FGM in my garage a few weeks from being installed.  Once I get her fired up, I plan to experiment with many squeaky curd pies!  I will have to think of what to pair with them.  Thoughts?

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:01:52 PM »
I've used curds in place of mozzarella but I don't think adding salt is needed. Just don't tell anyone and most won't know the difference!

Offline pt

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:43:35 PM »
That is good to know. I am going to try it sometime soon to test the texture and taste when cooked.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
I've used curds in place of mozzarella but I don't think adding salt is needed. Just don't tell anyone and most won't know the difference!

Wow, never would have thought of this but it may work better for NP style pizza.  ???

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »
I worked in a place that sliced fresh curd blocks onto pizza.  They made EXCELLENT pie.  He got his curd from a place in Jersey.  He learned the trade on Coney Island.
His curd was presalted for him......This was 15 years ago.  Food service companies NOW carry a fresh mozz type of cheese that they call OLD FASHIONED. Its DEAD WHITE, not a hint of yellow, melts and tastes like fresh mozz....but without the water.  Melted, its excellent.......cold, its horrible.  While it is a fresh mozz, IMO, you can't use it in a salad, like CAPRESE.........the fresh mozz in whey is simply superior.....but melted, its as good or better than the traditional in whey cheese.

pizzapan