Author Topic: Pizza Plates  (Read 3574 times)

Offline aeneas1

• Lifetime Member
Pizza Plates
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:12 PM »
for those that might be interested, i just purchased/received these pizza plates for my pizzeria and i'm liking them very much, especially considering their price which makes them a true value. over the years i have used several different types, but so far i like these the best - they're attractive, have a nice design, are surprisingly light given their size, and come with a 5-year non-chip warranty. most importantly they are nice and flat, as opposed to a coupe design, save for the small, flared rim.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/cardinal-arcoroc-h3079-intensity-12-1-2-pizza-plate-12-cs/552H3079.html

Offline vincentoc13

Re: Pizza Plates
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:07:26 PM »
I wish I could buy just a couple for my house, I don't have a pizzeria

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:26:41 PM »
I wish I could buy just a couple for my house, I don't have a pizzeria

I don't either, and I'm regularly glad that I have a dozen. I probably could use another dozen.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline landras

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
does any of you guys has any experience with these plates or with this vendor? I know price is higher than but I may get free shipping.
thanks
http://gdprestaurantsupplies.com/product.php?productid=17845&cat=252&page=1

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
does any of you guys has any experience with these plates or with this vendor? I know price is higher than but I may get free shipping.
thanks

Check out the two decorated versions on that link.
Marty

Offline landras

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »
Check out the two decorated versions on that link.
Marty
yes I saw them, they are really nice.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
thanks

Nico, you saw those plates at my house.  ;D I've had them for several years and they are still perfect.

I called and talked to them, and they gave me a much better price than they had on the website.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."

Offline landras

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
Nico, you saw those plates at my house.  ;D I've had them for several years and they are still perfect.

I called and talked to them, and they gave me a much better price than they had on the website.

Thanks Craig, those are very nice plates, I remember them very well. Thanks for the info, I am buying a mixer from them so they could probably accommodate the plates on the same shipment.
nico

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
Nico,

If you can get them without shipping, would you order 6 for me, and I'll meet you someplace to get them?

Offline landras

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
Nico,

If you can get them without shipping, would you order 6 for me, and I'll meet you someplace to get them?

Not a problem, I will let you know

Offline valhalla

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 07:33:47 AM »
Craig - can the porcelain stand up to a cutting wheel, or do you cut the pizzas then transfer them to the plates?

Offline landras

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Craig - can the porcelain stand up to a cutting wheel, or do you cut the pizzas then transfer them to the plates?

You can cut the pizza on them, no problem, they resist.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
Your cutter doesn't though...

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »
For about two years now I've been cutting on the plates, and there isn't a single mark on them.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
For about two years now I've been cutting on the plates, and there isn't a single mark on them.

So which ones do you have exactly Craig?  I am assuming these? http://gdprestaurantsupplies.com/product.php?productid=17845&cat=252&page=1
Thank you,
Chad
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:48:46 AM by csafranek »

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »
We have em!!  In stock ! any quantity - but they do come 6 in a box. Just let me know I will hoook you up !WFOB Denver Colorado Just let me know glad to help !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 10:39:03 PM »
So which ones do you have exactly Craig?  I am assuming these? http://gdprestaurantsupplies.com/product.php?productid=17845&cat=252&page=1
Thank you,
Chad

Yes, exactly.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
aenease1, thanks for the link to the plates. i like the non breakable for longevity and they are stepping up the quality so that you really cannot see a difference.the web company you recommenced i used last week for a drain in my beer cooler i ordered in the middle of the night used amazon payments and got the drain in two days! i am ordering the plates tonight!! thanks,larry

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »
Larry,

Robert (aeneas1) is also a pizza operator with a wood fired oven. If you look at the great photos at http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-reyes-point-reyes-station, you will see the plates that Robert mentioned.

Peter

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
peter, thanks impressive looking pies on those plates!!!!

Offline Everlast

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
These plates look great (gdprestaurantsupplies.com/product.php?productid=17845&cat=252&page=1). I'm thinking about ordering 6 of them.

Craig, does a 12" pizza cut easily on these plates or does the rim get in the way a little?

Also, would the plates shown in the link by aeneas1 allow the underside of the pizza to breath a little more? It seems that when you put a hot pizza on a flat surface, the underside can steam a little. Would the ribbing prevent that more?

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
These plates look great (gdprestaurantsupplies.com/product.php?productid=17845&cat=252&page=1). I'm thinking about ordering 6 of them.

Craig, does a 12" pizza cut easily on these plates or does the rim get in the way a little?

Also, would the plates shown in the link by aeneas1 allow the underside of the pizza to breath a little more? It seems that when you put a hot pizza on a flat surface, the underside can steam a little. Would the ribbing prevent that more?

I make 13" pies and the rim gets in the way a little. I would think a 12" would be perfect. I use a small wheel cutter.

I don't know how the ribbing would help. It's not like the steam can escape either way. My pies don't sit on the plates long enough to matter.