Author Topic: Bought a pizza stone now looking for easy pizza dough recipe and recommendations on cooking in an ov  (Read 855 times)

Offline l2obin

• I Love Pizza!
Hi everyone. I've just bought a pizza stone and am looking for a great easy pizza dough recipe and the best cooking technique to make my first pizza in an oven. I look forward to all your great suggestions.

Offline jeffereynelson

Robin,

great to see you have joined the forum and are interested in making pizza. However this forum is kinda crazy when it comes to how dedicated we are to the craft and there is no easy answer. In reality two people could use the exact same recipes and one person could turn out a very good pizza while the other person would turn out a failure. So it really comes down to studying technique and the different variables. My first question to you would be do you understand bakers percentages? Without understanding that you won't be able to use any of the recipes on the forum.

Offline pizza is love

• I Love Pizza!
Like jeff said lots of diff ways. My old oven liked my stone on the bottom shelf and it stayed in all the time. Our new one though works best in the middle and I cant leave it in or other stuff cooks uneven. so play around. I've been really digging Garveys thin crust lately. It comes together really easy and I don't think even my teenagers could mess it up. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17662.msg171274.html#msg171274 

I started making pizzas at home 30yrs ago and have learned a lot in the short time on this forum. Read and have fun with it

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Hi everyone. I've just bought a pizza stone and am looking for a great easy pizza dough recipe and the best cooking technique to make my first pizza in an oven. I look forward to all your great suggestions.
Have no fear...there are some easy peazzy recipes here!  :chef:

Search function...."Jerry Mac"; pizza so awesome an ya don't have to break your back!  :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan