Author Topic: Los Angeles, CA: Sharing a Large Purchase (00, San Marzano, etc.)  (Read 117 times)

Offline h8stn4d

Los Angeles, CA: Sharing a Large Purchase (00, San Marzano, etc.)
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »
I have been working to get an account at a distributor in the Los Angeles area. I can get it all delivered to my office in West Los Angeles for orders of $250 or more (+ a small fuel charge). I have prices for Caputo 00 (both 25KG and 10/1KG) as well as San Marzano DOP and some other ingredients.

I found that Restaurant Depot and even Costco (where I also have accounts) have better prices on mozzarella, so I'm mostly focused on the flour and San Marzanos.

If anyone in the West LA area is interested in placing a group order, I will arrange, charge you my prices and you can pick up (cash) at my office in West LA.

Alternatively (and admittedly selflishly) I'm happy to place a smaller order (which we can share if you don't want 25KG of flour or 12 cans of San Marzanos) if you are interested and willing to pick up in City of Industry and deliver.

BTW, as of now, the Restaurant Depot on Jefferson has no pizza flour and Surfas, as expected, is highway robbery--$11 for 3 lbs of Caputo 00.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Los Angeles, CA: Sharing a Large Purchase (00, San Marzano, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
Caputo "00" 25kg could be several different flours - none of which are the same as the 10/1kg.  http://caputoflour.com/product/
Pizza is not bread.

Offline h8stn4d

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »
Sorry, I should have been clearer. These are the flour options:

CAPUTO 00 Pizza Flour Attimo 10/1 KG
CAPUTO 00 Pizza Flour Blue  1/25 KG

My understanding was that these two flours were equivalent, if not close to equivalent.

EDIT: Ok, I now am looking at the spec sheets and see that they are different, but both pizza flours that I presume would "work" (with the right recipe) for Neo pizzas in a WFO.  At this point, I'd be happy to find a buying partner and can be flexible on the type!

EDIT #2: According to FB, the flours are the same, despite the different spec sheets:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/blue-bag-red-bag-caputo-13329.html#post92996
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:23:11 PM by h8stn4d »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »
EDIT #2: According to FB, the flours are the same, despite the different spec sheets:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/blue-bag-red-bag-caputo-13329.html#post92996

There was some confusion about that a while back. They are not the same. Notwithstanding, for most people, it won't make much of a difference, if any.
Pizza is not bread.