Author Topic: Latest Caputo 00 Flour Distributors List  (Read 103661 times)

Offline peteoo

Re: Latest Caputo 00 Flour Distributors List
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
I have been getting my Caputo Pizzeria flour from Penn Mac and have been very happy with the shipping, packaging and promptness of service (not to mention the ability to get 5lb bags).

In the Baltimore, Maryland area, I have just confirmed that Saval Foods will indeed allow individuals to purchase 25kg (55lb) bags of Caputo Pizzeria:

You need to call in advance and ask to speak to a customer service rep, who will process the order under a Miscellaneous COD account. Give them one hour advance notice and you can go to Saval's location and pick up the bag. Orders must be paid for IN CASH. A 55lb bag runs $31.

Saval Foods Corporation
6740 Dorsey Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)-379-5100
1-800-52-SAVAL

Can anyone tell me the difference between "Caputo pizzeria 00 " and "Caputo red label 00"?
I saw Peter's comment about longer fermentation time but don't know what that means on a relative basis.

Just now getting into this....

Thanks in Advance!!!

The other Pete

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me the difference between "Caputo pizzeria 00 " and "Caputo red label 00"?

At one time, there was clear answer to this question. Caputo has mixed up their packaging to the point that I'm no longer sure. According to the U.S. distributor, different colored bags contain the same flour.  ??? "Chef's" flour may (or may not) be the same as "Pizzeria" flour.  If you look at their web site:

http://www.molinocaputo.it/

the 25 kg "00 Pizzeria" now comes in a red bag. The most recent bag I received was blue.  ???

Offline Bob1

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:48 AM »
Bill,
It is a little confusing.  I have seen postings on the Italian sites that refer to the one color being stronger than the other color.  I guess Marco might have an answer.  Who knows, maybe they try to use what ever their surplus is in the States.

Bob

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
Maybe they're working through their inventory of English bags. Interesting note: the Japanese pizza maker on YouTube is using Caputo from a red bag. Whether this is the Pizzeria flour in the red bag or what we have known as "Rosso" isn't clear. I suspect it is the Pizzeria flour.

"Red" vs. Rosso, "Blu" vs. Blue, "Pizzeria" vs. Chef's - I'm just glad their forte is flour milling and not marketing/branding.   

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 08:53:27 PM »
Bill,  Marcos response to the Japan videos thread:

"Very good videos.

However, that was clearly not an high hydration dough and he is using the red caputo (quite stronger then the pizzeria) which is comparable to am american high gluten minus additives.

I believe he over manipolate the dough ball when forming to show the technique, however the pizzamaker should be in control on how tight the ball forming is. I usually make it tighter if  I need to rest the ball for a long time and less tighter if I need them  sooner"

Offline peteoo

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »
At one time, there was clear answer to this question. Caputo has mixed up their packaging to the point that I'm no longer sure. According to the U.S. distributor, different colored bags contain the same flour.  ??? "Chef's" flour may (or may not) be the same as "Pizzeria" flour.  If you look at their web site:

the 25 kg "00 Pizzeria" now comes in a red bag. The most recent bag I received was blue.  ???

Thanks for the link.
Saval sells the 00 pizzeria blue bag based on my discussion with Rudy....and yep...give 'em an hour heads up.

Offline Creeper

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »
Bill,
It is a little confusing.  I have seen postings on the Italian sites that refer to the one color being stronger than the other color.  I guess Marco might have an answer.  Who knows, maybe they try to use what ever their surplus is in the States.

Bob

The red is slightly stronger and the blue pizzeria is milled slightly finer with granules that are more uniform in size.  In Naples, I saw some places use exclusively the red, some exclusively the blue, and some that mixed the two.

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
Pete-zza,

You seem to be on top of the Caputo flour so tell me what's up here?
"00" Pizzeria, blue bag or "00" Pizzaiuolo, red bag
molinocaputo web site...................

thanks Creeper....................... :chef:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:27:25 PM by Pigslips »
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Online Matthew

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Pete-zza,

You seem to be on top of the Caputo flour so tell me what's up here?
"00" Pizzeria, blue bag or "00" Pizzaiuolo, red bag
molinocaputo web site...................

thanks Creeper....................... :chef:

They're the same thing.

Matt

Offline jjdec05

• The more I learn,the more I know how little I know
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »
Heading home(southern Connecticut along I-91 South from the top of Vermont.  Wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on a Caputo source pretty close from an exit.  I called all my usual sources around home, but none have any on hand.  I have really been wanting to make some pizze when I get home, so please help!

JJ

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »
Heading home(southern Connecticut along I-91 South from the top of Vermont.  Wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on a Caputo source pretty close from an exit.  I called all my usual sources around home, but none have any on hand.  I have really been wanting to make some pizze when I get home, so please help!

JJ

JJ

Have you tried Napoli Foods in Cheshire,CT?  (860) 276-4000  http://napolifoodsinc.com/   They are a little ways away from 91 but just off 691 so easy to get to.   I haven't bought from them for a couple years but they used to do cash & carry to individuals. 

Deb

Offline TedW

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:03 PM »
Our members are always on the lookout for sources of the Caputo flours. So they may be interested in knowing that one of our members, Frankie G, now offers The Chef's Flour from Caputo at his website at http://fgpizza.com/. I believe Frankie G is in California, which might be convenient for many of our members who live in the western part of the country.

Peter

I ordered online from them today. Flour and a nice peel. They shipped immediately. Love his site and videos.

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »
so very nice of you TedW...

Thank you very much for the nice comments.  I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with our service and your products.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Offline grindliner

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
Detroit area:

Holiday Market in Royal Oak has it in the small red bags,

Vince & Joes says they have it at all their locations, but I haven't been there yet.

Offline BrickOvenBaker

• BrickOvenBaker.com
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
Heading home(southern Connecticut along I-91 South from the top of Vermont.  Wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on a Caputo source pretty close from an exit.

BrickOvenBaker.com is located in southern CT. If you're not far from Bethany, you can arrange a pickup (send an email to info@brickovenbaker.com), or if you're fairly local to new haven or the shoreline area east of New Haven, we can potentially help get it to you as well.   If not the shipping is about as affordable as you're going to be able to get. 

Definitely drop us an email though to see what we can work out for you.

-mark

Offline Eleezy

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Granatos in Salt Lake City sells Caputo.

Offline Styvo209

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »
I've been looking around Indianapolis trying to find a place that carries it. Delco's on 78th street carries it. $35 for a 55lb bag. I'd be happy to split it with some people if anyone is interested. I'm trying to find some smaller bags that don't cost an arm and a leg. I found FG Pizza in California. They sell a three pack (6.6lbs total) for $11.99. Shipping to Indy is $10.70

I just picked up a 55# bag from Delco. Its now $37. Luckily I have the containers to put it in and a friend who wanted to buy some of it.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:56 PM »
Whole Foods here, is carrying bulk Pizzeria, Caputo 00.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline tikidoc

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »
Does anyone know of anywhere in central VA (we live between Richmond and Charlottesville) that sells Caputo? 

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 12:17:06 AM »
Does anyone know of anywhere in central VA (we live between Richmond and Charlottesville) that sells Caputo?

International Gourmet delivers to Richmond as well as Charlottesville with a $250. Minimum order. They sell Caputo flour (25 kg) for $36.00. Let me know if you are interested, I can add a bag to my order