Author Topic: Latest Caputo 00 Flour Distributors List  (Read 95513 times)

Offline immediato

Re: Latest Caputo 00 Flour Distributors List
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »
i found this link for caputo -tipo-00 that anyone can buy

fornobravo.com/store/Caputo-Tipo-00-Flour-p-1-c-23.html

Offline kmancpbh

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 10:14:38 AM »
My latest order of Caputo Pizza flour has been on hold now for three weeks.

After getting no info on why the order has been taking so long, I called Forno Bravo.  The Forno Bravo rep told me that due to "something that has to do with the weather in Italy", the last batch of Caputo flour we received was bad....how it was bad she did not know.  She was expecting a new Caputo shipment, which she said was in good shape, as of last Wednesday, which would be shipped out to waiting orders immediately.

Well, a week later and no flour yet, the Fed Ex tracking says it has not left the warehouse yet and no e-mail from Forno stating that the order is again delayed.

I understand that problems do occur, especially when dealing with food products.  However, when I was told that I should have initially gotten an e-mail stating that my order was on hold, which I never received, then called the company last week and was told I should have the order around Monday or Tuesday (yesterday) of this week.....and Fed Ex says it still has not left Forno's warehouse....well then I get a little miffed.

I am calling again today and considering cancelling my order and demanding a refund if I get the runaround again. Bad customer service is inexcusable.  :-\

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »
I buy Caputo from DiCarlo Distributors on Long Island.  Cash and carry, they are right off the Expressway exit #63.  I think about $35 for a 50lb bag.
Trosenberg

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
I buy Caputo from DiCarlo Distributors on Long Island.  Cash and carry, they are right off the Expressway exit #63.  I think about $35 for a 50lb bag.

When I researched DiCarlo a few years ago (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1910.msg16910.html#msg16910), it wasn't clear whether they carried the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour as opposed to the Caputo Extra Blu 00 flour. Is the flour you purchased the Caputo Pizzeria flour?

Peter

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
After getting no info on why the order has been taking so long, I called Forno Bravo.  The Forno Bravo rep told me that due to "something that has to do with the weather in Italy", the last batch of Caputo flour we received was bad....how it was bad she did not know.  She was expecting a new Caputo shipment, which she said was in good shape, as of last Wednesday, which would be shipped out to waiting orders immediately.
Forno customer service is lacking for sure. I have called and emailed in the past and received the wrong answer or no answer at all. In this case I called them since I have an unopened bag of Caputo that I received over a month ago. The lady I talked with said that the bag would be moldy on the outside or the flour would be hard as a rock from water damage. Mine looks ok, but I will be opening it shortly to repackage for use.

My past few months of experimenting with San Felice have proven to be very successful and I can use either flour and get excellent results. I have found that my starter when properly activated combined with the awesome mixing/kneading of the Bosch Universal produce a light/airy/crispy crust. Last night my pizza had less than an ounce of cheese, a smear of tomato sauce and some leftover chicken pieces - it was great. My wife preferred her cheesed pizza which we call "Number 1" in honor of her favorite San Francisco Gaspares pizza. Lots of Olive Oil, Feta, Green Peppers, Mozz, etc.

PNW

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 08:30:24 PM »
Pete-zza, Yes I get the Caputo pizza flour from them. They also carry a selection of other flours for the pizzeria market.
Trosenberg

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 10:48:17 PM »
Our members are always on the lookout for sources of the Caputo flours. So they may be interested in knowing that one of our members, Frankie G, now offers The Chef's Flour from Caputo at his website at http://fgpizza.com/. I believe Frankie G is in California, which might be convenient for many of our members who live in the western part of the country.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:36:24 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline goneill

• Time to make the dough
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
I had a problem with Forno Bravo too. Took my order, then told me it was out of stock. I found Penn. Macaroni Co. and have had good luck with them. Seems to be about the best pricing for internet ordering. They sell a 10 pack of 2.2 lbs. bags for about $29 plus shipping.

Gregg

Offline Bob1

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
My work finally took me near West Deptford  NJ just over the Ben Franklin Bridge.  I stopped in at Savona-Stavola food distributors and picked up a 55lb bag of Caputo for $31.  They also had All Trumps, but it was bromated.

Offline pizzaboyfan

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 05:17:56 PM »
Pennmac.com
Great service and best prices
I just received 55 lb . bag of caputo...it was back ordered for a short while, which tells me I have a fresh shipment of flour
I order all my Frantoia olive oil and cheese products through them...

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
Rose at Pen mac  sold me on that Frantoia Olive oil as well great stuff!
I got a caputo 10 pack for $15 from local distributor PM me if you are in New Jersey and want a 10 pack. I used it this weekend LOVE IT! :chef:
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline pizzaboyfan

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »
For the record, I've never had any problem with Forno Bravo's service.
I bought my oven and other items throughout the last few years and they were always prompt and professional
I placed a small order on Monday..and it arrived today.
PennMac carries a lot of different items and are closer to me..

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »
I have been getting my Caputo Pizzeria flour from Penn Mac and have been very happy with the shipping, packaging and promptness of service (not to mention the ability to get 5lb bags).

In the Baltimore, Maryland area, I have just confirmed that Saval Foods will indeed allow individuals to purchase 25kg (55lb) bags of Caputo Pizzeria:

You need to call in advance and ask to speak to a customer service rep, who will process the order under a Miscellaneous COD account. Give them one hour advance notice and you can go to Saval's location and pick up the bag. Orders must be paid for IN CASH. A 55lb bag runs $31.

Saval Foods Corporation
6740 Dorsey Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)-379-5100
1-800-52-SAVAL
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
Thanks to Pete-zza and the members of this forum, after 8-weeks of me chasing down leads on where I might be able to get Caputo flour and a few other "hard to get in northern Wisconsin" imported items, I was able to contact Greco & Sons distributing (commercial source) servicing northern IL & southern WI. They sent me a product list and a credit application, and they are setting me up with a sales rep. But I need to hit the will-call dock to get these items back up here. (300 miles each way)

Although they do not deliver to my area, I can make a monthly trip down there to get a pallet or two of those hard to get items, or work out a deal with an independent shipping company.
I do have a distributor that I use who comes up here from Milwaukee weekly, so maybe I can work out a deal between the two companies just so I do not need to do the drive, Time is money, and I can't afford my time being on the road for 8-12 hours doing this stuff on my one off-day per week.

Once I get our proposed business up & running, (approx. 60 days & counting down)and I am showing cash-flow positive, I may be able to help get some items out to people in other parts of the country by busting into my commercial stock, then repackaging non-perishable items into a shipping box, and getting them out to others. I have access to stanislaus, escalon, Caputo, and maybe even what is currently being called San Marzano tomatoes.

There has been some brainstorming of doing some imported deli items at the shop for retail, and finding this distributor may turn that thought into something. We have a tight selection up here, and a growing call for these items, So maybe I can fill that niche too?
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline tzoavva

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Great Info Pizzablogger....I may need to pay them a visit at some point...Just bought a 2.2lb bag of Antimo Caputo The Chef's Flour tipo "00" and I am starting to think it isn't the same possibly from reading this thread.  I also noticed the have Grande Cheese any chance you know if the sell that on a Cash and Carry basis?

In the Baltimore, Maryland area, I have just confirmed that Saval Foods will indeed allow individuals to purchase 25kg (55lb) bags of Caputo Pizzeria:

You need to call in advance and ask to speak to a customer service rep, who will process the order under a Miscellaneous COD account. Give them one hour advance notice and you can go to Saval's location and pick up the bag. Orders must be paid for IN CASH. A 55lb bag runs $31.

Saval Foods Corporation
6740 Dorsey Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)-379-5100
1-800-52-SAVAL

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
tzoavva, I am going to Saval soon and trying to arrange a quick meeting to see what exactly can be purchased cash and carry.

I will inquire about the cheese and get back to you. The 2.2lb "Chefs" flour from Caputo is the same flour at the "Pizzeria" sold in the 55# blue bags. Take care -K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline tzoavva

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Cool keep me posted....that would be great.

Joanna

Offline goneill

• Time to make the dough
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:20 AM »
Anyone living in the northeast can buy Caputo Pizza flour in Boston at Accardi and Sons. Their website is not very good but if you call them they are very helpful. I buy 55 lb. bags for about $32. They also have other hard to find Italian products like speck ham.

Accardi and Sons
85 Commercial Street
Medford, MA 02155-4918
(781) 391-2400

Offline SuperproducerTS

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
I've been looking around Indianapolis trying to find a place that carries it. Delco's on 78th street carries it. $35 for a 55lb bag. I'd be happy to split it with some people if anyone is interested. I'm trying to find some smaller bags that don't cost an arm and a leg. I found FG Pizza in California. They sell a three pack (6.6lbs total) for $11.99. Shipping to Indy is $10.70

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
If you live in the Austin, TX area, Central Market on North Lamar near 38th St has Caputo 00. It's about $3.50 for a 1kg bag. It's right next to the King Arthur flours in the baking aisle.
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

pizzapan