Author Topic: Hershey Park and Famiglia Pizzeria with my brother  (Read 1543 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Hershey Park and Famiglia Pizzeria with my brother
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
My brother is visiting for a week and asked me if I wanted to go to Hershey Park to ride the new roller coasters he never tried before.  I was a little leary of riding roller coasters since I am getting older, but still like any roller coasters and didn't try any of the new roller coasters at Hershey Park.  The very first roller coaster I rode was the Comet at Hershey Park with my cousin when I was 6 years old.  My brother said if I didn't want to go he might just go by himself, so I didn't want that to happen. 

I had wanted to try Famiglia Pizzeria the last time I was at Hershey Park, but for some reason I can't recall why I didn't try it.  I had tried Famiglia Pizzeria before I started making pizzas and thought they were good.  We stopped at one of the two Famiglia Pizzerias earlier in the evening, but we were too busy thinking about what roller coaster to try next.  I also saw that at the Famiglia Pizzeria that they use conveyor ovens, but don't recall them using them before.  I only got a photo of the one slice of pizza at Famiglia Pizzeria because when we went to leave Hershey Park the other Famiglia Pizzeria wasn't opened.  At least I had a chance of riding most of the roller coasters at Hershey Park again.  This might be the last time I ever ride roller coasters, but I hope I still have time to try pizzerias at amusement parks.  We also rode on the Carousel for old times sake.  The Carousel still is fun to ride and my brother and I really like Carousel music.  The one photo of when we rode the Sky Rush sure is funny.  :-D My brother looks scared and my eyes were shut and my hair was sticking way back. 

Sorry this isn't a review of the Famiglia Pizzeria, but I thought it might be when we went to Hershey Park.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hershey Park and Famiglia Pizzeria with my brother
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:02:55 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »
Norma

Offline slybarman

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
Good times. We get to Hershey at least once every summer (probably since I was old enough to walk). It gets a bit bit bigger every year. I have noticed the town rarely smells of chocolate anymore like it did when i was a kid. You used to be able to smell the factory from a mile away.

IIRC we ate at Famiglia Pizzeria last summer and it seemed like what you would expect from an amusement park - underwhelming.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »
Good times. We get to Hershey at least once every summer (probably since I was old enough to walk). It gets a bit bit bigger every year. I have noticed the town rarely smells of chocolate anymore like it did when i was a kid. You used to be able to smell the factory from a mile away.

IIRC we ate at Famiglia Pizzeria last summer and it seemed like what you would expect from an amusement park - underwhelming.

Steve,

I agree there are fun times at Hershey Park.  Good to hear you go to Hershey almost every summer.  Hershey does seem to get more rides each year.  I haven't smelled chocolate in Hershey in a long while either.  If you go to E-town or Mt. Joy (not too far from Hershey there is M&M Mars Inc.) and chocolate can still be smelled there. 

Thanks for telling me you did try Famiglia Pizzeria last summer and how it was underwhelming.  Do you ride on the roller coasters?

Norma

Offline slybarman

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »
When it was just my wife and I we rode the coasters. The last 5 years or so, we have had babies/toddlers/little boys with us so we have been more limited to the younger rides. The older boy will be 7 soon, so I think he is almost ready for one of the tamer coasters. We'll get back on them eventually.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
When it was just my wife and I we rode the coasters. The last 5 years or so, we have had babies/toddlers/little boys with us so we have been more limited to the younger rides. The older boy will be 7 soon, so I think he is almost ready for one of the tamer coasters. We'll get back on them eventually.

Steve,

I can understand why you and your wife haven't ridden the coasters for awhile.  If you one son is soon seven he might be ready for one of the tamer coasters.   ;D

I didn't try any of the 3 newer coasters until yesterday.   I liked them all, but the Storm Runner sure was interesting.  It went from 0-72 mph in 2 seconds and then 18 stories up fast.  I didn't even realize how fast that was.  I had my eyes shut on the first time, but did open my eyes the second time.  It is a really quick ride though.   http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/details.php?id=83   We were lucky in wait times for all the coasters.  Usually there are long wait times, but the longest we had to get on the coasters was about 15 minutes.

Norma

Offline slybarman

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
Sounds like a wild ride. :o

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 11:12:25 PM »
Sounds like a wild ride. :o

Steve,

It was!  ;D  That is how I like coasters to be.  ;D

This is the video for the Storm Runner.

Intense, but ends fast.

This is the video for the Great Bear we went on.

And finally the Sky Rush video.

Most of the other coasters are tamer, but still fun.  I have a sore shoulder today from being banged around so much and but can't recall which coaster that was from.  :-D

Norma

Offline slybarman

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »
The video of the stormrunner is priceless - the mix of fun/terror in the laughter.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
The video of the stormrunner is priceless - the mix of fun/terror in the laughter.

Steve,

I agree, and won't forget about going on the Storm Runner two times even if I never can go on anymore coasters. 

I do like all coasters, but when Rocky Springs Park was open in Lancaster, Pa. The “Wildcat” coaster sure was better than any wooden coaster I have been on.  I guess there aren't any videos of riding on the “Wildcat”, but this is a story about the “Wildcat” coaster if anyone is interested.  That wooden coaster fell at about a 75 degrees angle.  I went on that coaster many times when I was younger and it was only .15 to ride it.  ;D

http://lifewithldub.blogspot.com/2010/01/wildcat-story_16.html

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
Hersheypark posted this on their facebook page today:

Friday Ride Time
Since today is National Roller Coaster Day, it’s only fitting that we pay homage to our classic coaster, the Comet. She’s 67 years old but just as beautiful as the day she was built. Enjoy your ride!

I was 6 years old when my cousin first took me on the Comet, and that first ride started my love for coasters.

The ride on the Comet if you want to take it from YouTube.  ;D   

Norma