Author Topic: Hola from la Honda California  (Read 172 times)

Offline Fyrcat

• I Love Pizza!
Hola from la Honda California
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:58:56 AM »
Hi to all...my name is Cathy and am the owner of a Mario Battali Chicago brick oven 500, wood fired. It is a small unit, on wheels that my husband bought for me 3 years ago as a birthday present. I love making pizzas, but have yet to find the perfect dough recipe. I do believe that there will always be variables when making pizzas...temp of oven, wetness of ingredients, how the dough reacts to weather...but I still try to make the perfect pizza each time. We prefer to add at least 30% whole wheat or sprouted wheat(I sprout, dry and stone grind my own) dough by weight. I am hoping to find that perfect dough recipe on this forum!  ::)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Hola from la Honda California
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »
I've lived in CA almost all my life but had never heard of La Honda. I had to google it. Welcome to the forums.

Offline Fyrcat

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Hola from la Honda California
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
Thank you for the welcome! La Honda is a tiny town in the hills of San Mateo County. We are 1 hour driving south from San Francisco and about 45 min. North of Santa Cruz. We are also 10 miles inland from state hwy one. We have a 10 acre ranch, I board horses here and my husband owns and runs our home integration business from here as well. We also have untold numbers of live oaks that sometimes fall( become un-live at that point), and as such we unlimited supply of oak for firewood and pizza making!

pizzapan