Author Topic: Anyone know the Caputo rep?  (Read 6224 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Anyone know the Caputo rep?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
Perk,

The Caputo Extra Blue has 9.5% protein and the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour has 11.5-12.5%. I may have originally gotten the protein numbers for the Pizzeria flour some time ago from the importer but it has never been a secret.

You don't have to buy a 55-lb. bag just to try the Caputo Pizzeria flour. PennMac sells the Caputo Pizzeria flour repackaged in 5-lb. bags. It takes a long time to work through a 55-lb. bag, so you might want to consider buying a few 5-lb. bags from PennMac to see if you like it well enough to get the larger bag next time.

Peter

Offline Perk

• Supporting Member
  • Dreams of Pizza!
Re: Anyone know the Caputo rep?
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 03:07:08 PM »
Perk,

The Caputo Extra Blue has 9.5% protein and the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour has 11.5-12.5%. I may have originally gotten the protein numbers for the Pizzeria flour some time ago from the importer but it has never been a secret.

You don't have to buy a 55-lb. bag just to try the Caputo Pizzeria flour. PennMac sells the Caputo Pizzeria flour repackaged in 5-lb. bags. It takes a long time to work through a 55-lb. bag, so you might want to consider buying a few 5-lb. bags from PennMac to see if you like it well enough to get the larger bag next time.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I ordered 10# from PennMac,
55# is quite a bit to just test out, plus with my other flours it would take it even longer to use it all up.

James was saying there wasn't a huge difference between the Blue and the Pizzeria brand, but if I'm going to spend
the money in shipping I like to get the top product.

-Dave
Jacksonville Fl.