Author Topic: Wood or Charcoal  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Acehigh

Wood or Charcoal
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:37:29 PM »
Anyone ever use these to make commercial pizza?  Does anyone know of any good manufacturers to get a nice one from?

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: Wood or Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:32:13 AM »
I can reccomand:

www.forno-napoletano.it

I understand that they are also receiving the UL certification.

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »
Recently I have seen some people ask about the coal burning ovens.  I'm not sure in Europe how it is but in the US there are a couple of places that are using them.  We have done 6 in the Ft Lauderdale area recently, I'm not sure about the pizza they make.  The wood fire or the wood/gas are still the norm.  Certain areas of the US are also not allowing wood fired units anymore. (New York City is one).
-JP-

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 03:35:10 PM »
Recently I have seen some people ask about the coal burning ovens.  I'm not sure in Europe how it is but in the US there are a couple of places that are using them.  We have done 6 in the Ft Lauderdale area recently, I'm not sure about the pizza they make.  The wood fire or the wood/gas are still the norm.  Certain areas of the US are also not allowing wood fired units anymore. (New York City is one).

Una Pizza and another couple of places opened in the last two year in NYC with wood burning ovens.

With UL cerificate and a water-based smoke filter, they cannot refuse you the licence

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »
That could be, it might be Manhattan then, however besides UL you also need a MEA listing for New York.  We have had UL since 1992, and what they usually require for NY is UL and the MEA.  But what is funny is that you cannot have MEA without the UL.  Places like Naples 45 and some other places have wood fired ovens, but recently they have become very strict.  But as always certain things can "slip" by inspectors, for various reasons.  The same is with Europe and the gas fired ovens without CE it is very difficult to get an oven installed, but if the oven is wood then it's no problem.  Korea, Singapore and some of the other country's around there have similar guidelines but we usually do not have a problem over there.
-JP-