Author Topic: Texas Pizza Summit 2  (Read 17419 times)

Offline dhorst

Re: Texas Pizza Summit 2
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
Which brings me to my story... So Craig was kind enough to let everyone have a shot at making some pizzas throughout the night.  Once everyone was completely full... and I mean FULL, I started cooking some blanks with just a little tomato sauce.  I probably had baked up 7 or so pizzas just to get the feel of his oven.  Well that flour belly pic Craig shot of me was REALLY early in the evening.  By the time I got done baking and doing some dishes I looked like the Pillsbury Dough boy on Crack cocaine!  Diana was kind enough to give me a ride back to my hotel and as I got out of her car I heard a "click".  The hotel attendant had apparently locked the sliding glass doors leading into the lobby.  I knocked on the glass and all I got was her wagging her finger "NO" .  So I was looking for my room key which I misplaced somehow and she informed me that she was going to call the authorities if I didn't go away!  She thought I was homeless I guess :-D.  So I finally pulled out my AMEX card and held that to the window and told her to check the name.  She reluctantly did and finally let me in. I have told that story to countless friends over the last week and I"m still laughing.... 

That just capped off a terrific night of food, friends and wine!

Scot

Scot, I had so much fun!  I'm going to be ordering more different kinds of chiles soon from the Turkish and Syrian regions and I'd be happy to share some with you. 
Hopefully you won't almost be locked out again, but if you ever are, you can stay on my couch, you are quite the gentleman and a blast to hang with.  Plus, you got to watch me sweat it out over the garbage disposal incident.  Funny how people bond over odd things.
Nice write up Scot.   It was a pleasure meeting everyone but especially you and Bill.   I think I could sit around and Bs with you guys and some of the others for hours.  Too much fun.  Scott showed the most improvement working Craigs oven Saturday night.  Scot you need to get one of these NP ovens soon.  Let me know and we will have a NM summit!

Chau
I'd be up for a NM Summit!  It was a pleasure watching you make fresh mozzarella.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
Diana, the different cheeses you brought were awesome.  You've got Michelle on a fancy cheese kick now.   ;D
I'm more of a chile head but I'm getting there.  I'm still thinking about that Turkish red pepper though.  Post up the link if you find it, I need to order some.

Chau

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »

Which brings me to my story... So Craig was kind enough to let everyone have a shot at making some pizzas throughout the night.  Once everyone was completely full... and I mean FULL, I started cooking some blanks with just a little tomato sauce.  I probably had baked up 7 or so pizzas just to get the feel of his oven.  Well that flour belly pic Craig shot of me was REALLY early in the evening.  By the time I got done baking and doing some dishes I looked like the Pillsbury Dough boy on Crack cocaine!  Diana was kind enough to give me a ride back to my hotel and as I got out of her car I heard a "click".  The hotel attendant had apparently locked the sliding glass doors leading into the lobby.  I knocked on the glass and all I got was her wagging her finger "NO" .  So I was looking for my room key which I misplaced somehow and she informed me that she was going to call the authorities if I didn't go away!  She thought I was homeless I guess :-D.  So I finally pulled out my AMEX card and held that to the window and told her to check the name.  She reluctantly did and finally let me in. I have told that story to countless friends over the last week and I"m still laughing.... 

That just capped off a terrific night of food, friends and wine!

Scot

Scot,

That is one funny story. It sounds as though you probably looked like one of the guys on "Breaking Bad" coming to set up a methamphetamine lab in the poor lady's hotel!

Thanks for sharing your stories. Craig is going to have to have a lottery next year to see who can attend! Maybe he can do a "Golden Ticket" type contest like they did in Willy Wonka!!!

I don't think there's a single member here who wouldn't have loved to have been there.

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2013, 06:39:45 PM »
Scot,

That is one funny story. It sounds as though you probably looked like one of the guys on "Breaking Bad" coming to set up a methamphetamine lab in the poor lady's hotel!

That is a much better description than mine  :-D  I forgot to mention that I was drenched in sweat as well.  She thought I was coming down hard off something. 

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Scot, I had so much fun!  I'm going to be ordering more different kinds of chiles soon from the Turkish and Syrian regions and I'd be happy to share some with you. 

I would love that !  That little baggie of chile you brought was intoxicating.  More so than the wine even :P   

Scot

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »
Wow... what an impressive line up of PMF folks!  I can' t believe how much I've learned just by reading this posts, seeing the pictures, and watching the videos!  Thanks to all for posting so many wonderful recaps of the event!  (I have to say, I"m a bit envious of all those in attendance!)  And seeing Chau's instructions on how to make mozz was just what I was looking for.  (We're thinking about making our own mozz in the future, and the video is immensely helpful!)

Looks like it was a great event, with great company and great food!  I'd love to host something like this in Chicago, but my skills are nowhere near Craig's yet... and I'd likely be doing a lot more learning than teaching.

Anyone interested in a Chicago get together, perhaps in Nov after things slow down at the French markets for us?

I'm in like Flynn.  It would be awesome to do something like this in Chicago.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »
I'm in like Flynn.  It would be awesome to do something like this in Chicago.

Nate

I'd love to be there, too, but I'm not sure how many times a year my husband will put up with me travelling distances for pizza.  We'll see though!  I can always threaten to stop making pizza for a few months and that should bring him around.   ;D

Offline pythonic

« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Any pics of the infamous Peter?

Offline pythonic

« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
I'd love to be there, too, but I'm not sure how many times a year my husband will put up with me travelling distances for pizza.  We'll see though!  I can always threaten to stop making pizza for a few months and that should bring him around.   ;D

Haha.  We would love to have you up here.  Chicagoans love their food.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
Any pics of the infamous Peter?
Here's Peter...he's the young guy furthest left.  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pythonic

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »
Here's Peter...he's the young guy furthest left.  :)

So the guy on the left?

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2013, 03:06:54 AM »
The guy in Blue.   ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
The dude with no tats.   8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »
No visible tats (I don't know and don't want to know, 'jus saying).

Offline Oceans05

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2013, 03:37:27 AM »
Lol to the commentary above

Wow this was a pretty cool get together! I know I havn't been a forum member long but definitely know who the most common contributors are! Glad ya'll had a blast!