Author Topic: search help please  (Read 591 times)

Offline boalpd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
search help please
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »
I hate to post a useage question but I can't find how to return to the original search list after going to a post in the list.

I love this forum but am finding this search engine slightly different.

Thanks
Phil

Offline redox

Re: search help please
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
I hate to post a useage question but I can't find how to return to the original search list after going to a post in the list.

I love this forum but am finding this search engine slightly different.

Thanks
Phil
I'm sure there's more than one way to do it but I use Firefox and just open the post I want to read in a new tab or window and when done just close that tab or window and the original search page is there waiting for me.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
I use Microsoft IE and when I use the search feature at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=search and want to return to the list of hits after viewing a particular post, I hit the Back button. That usually provokes a webpage expired message. I then hit the refresh button and then click on Retry. The same sequence applies when using the pull-down search box at the top right of a page (any page). That search function is very useful because the search can be limited, if desired, for example, to a given topic/thread or board.

BTW, the abovementioned pull-down search menu has a Custom Google search option for those who wish to use it.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »
Right-click the link and "Open in new tab" ... opening the link in a new tab preserves the original page so that you can go back to it.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline boalpd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
much easier now.......thanks for the replies.

Phil

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »
I use Microsoft IE and when I use the search feature at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=search and want to return to the list of hits after viewing a particular post, I hit the Back button. That usually provokes a webpage expired message. I then hit the refresh button and then click on Retry. The same sequence applies when using the pull-down search box at the top right of a page (any page). That search function is very useful because the search can be limited, if desired, for example, to a given topic/thread or board.

BTW, the abovementioned pull-down search menu has a Custom Google search option for those who wish to use it.

Peter

I never understood the purpose of this... is it not possible for the webpage to automatically "retry"? I know nothing about http, pardon my ignorance.
Josh